Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
fishsouthcounty

Wounded Warriors Kayaking Event

Just saw this on Bloodydecks and just wanted to pass it along to help get the word out. Figured this be as good a place as any.

Wounded Warrior Kayak fishing event
There are many others involved as well as I that are hosting a Wounded Warriors event coming this Saturday July 23rd 2011.

We would like to extent an invite to anyone who is interested to form a plastic navy. we will be launching out of Dana Point Harbor and fishing the rock wall and surrounding areas.

Anyone who can loan an extra kayak or fishing gear for these vets to use would be greatly appreciated. we would need items such as Life Vest, Paddles, Rods, Reels etc.

Any and all support for this event is generously appreciated.

Right now it is up in the air whether or not there will be lunch provided but that will come together shortly. we are trying to get support from a local club to use their facilities.

If you want to come on down and hangout, mothership, bring your kayak and help out just let us know.
fishsouthcounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:06 AM   #2
FLORIDA BOY!

I have some extra life vests that can be loaned or donated. Also some extra tackle and rods. I would be glad to help out our vets! Is there more info on the event?
FLORIDA BOY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
fishsouthcounty

if you have an account with Bloodydecks you can go to the Kayak Fishing forum and find the post that i saw which is what i copied and pasted. If you do that you can PM the original poster ProyoteHunter...otherwise, i just PM'd him myself asking if he has any more info that i can pass along to the guys on here. Will post as soon as i hear back from him.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #4
fishsouthcounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLORIDA BOY! View Post
I have some extra life vests that can be loaned or donated. Also some extra tackle and rods. I would be glad to help out our vets! Is there more info on the event?
So from what ive been able to find out from the guy on BD is that they are making some good progress in organization of the event. They still need loaner kayaks, PFDs, and other miscellaneous gear(rods, reels, terminal tackle) etc. They have about 12-15 vet's that they will need to supply for. They are in talks with getting food catered and just looking for a location to host the post fishing food. I believe the plan is to launch from Baby Beach in the AM and fish for about 6 hours and then come in for food. They are also looking for people to get out and fish with these guys. Be their guide and or teacher and show them the ropes a bit. So for any of you who would like to do something but dont have an extra yak, get out there and help show em a good time while you have one as well. Thats my plan. Anyway, i will keep the info coming as it is passed along to me.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #5
WahooUSMA

I'll loan my kayaks and all gear. I have 12 rods and reels and a hobie revo. Let me know what I need to do.

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #6
fishsouthcounty

Thanks for the interest guys, very cool of everyone getting involved. I am in contact with Curtis on Bloodydecks and am basically just passing any info along that you guys are giving me to him so he can get an idea of what is being offered and what more will be needed. Ill keep you all posted as i hear more info from him.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:23 PM   #7
Iceman
Administrator

Never got the phone call, let him know that I am more than willing to help out.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #8
fishsouthcounty

Ya Andy i saw your message on BD. Ill let him know.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:55 AM   #9
Phatford
Heroes on the Water Staff

My name is Ryan, I am going to be heading up Heros on the Water for Southern California. Currently we are trying to organize our group and it will be a little while before we are full speed ahead. I would love to help out in any way I can.
My cell phone number is (951) 473-3202
My email is RyanRwalters@hotmail.com
Phatford is offline   Reply With Quote