Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-14-2017, 07:12 AM   #1
Saba Slayer

Maps of the Redondo area for the Battle of the Bays

Here are a few maps of the Redondo area to help you with the Battle of the Bays tournament on June 10th.

The launch will be super easy as it's a dock type launch and the entrance of the harbor is a very safe entry and exit to the outer waters. You should get a map of the area or google some info to find the many artificial reefs and wrecks outside the harbor. The Redondo reef is only about 1 mile outside and the Hermosa Reef is just to the north of the harbor break wall.
Notice that big underwater canyon right in front of the harbor....it drops to over 300' deep within 1 mile of the harbor.

This last map has some shaded areas I've added and this is the only legal areas to fish in the harbor...on the left side of the harbor near the bend in the wall is where the bait barge is located. Those three big dots on the left side are three green bouys that mark the perimeter of the legal areas.

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:37 PM   #2
isghj
Junior

What do you use as a source for reef/kelp/wrecks/boey location data? I mean in general for south california, not just redondo

Do you know of a brand of map I can buy, or a place I can download data from, that has high detail bottom composition? I want a map that can tell if I'm over mostly sand or rock, mixed, ect. I only found one in a store and it was zoomed way out to cover almost 20 square miles on a B size paper, that's too low detail to be useful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RedondoBaySizeADDMMMM.jpg (101.9 KB, 65 views)
isghj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 01:08 PM   #3
jruiz
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by isghj View Post
What do you use as a source for reef/kelp/wrecks/boey location data? I mean in general for south california, not just redondo

Do you know of a brand of map I can buy, or a place I can download data from, that has high detail bottom composition? I want a map that can tell if I'm over mostly sand or rock, mixed, ect. I only found one in a store and it was zoomed way out to cover almost 20 square miles on a B size paper, that's too low detail to be useful.
Use the navionics web page
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote