Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2014, 02:27 PM   #1
J.S.20
Junior

Alamitos Bay

What's up guys, first post so here it goes. Hit AB today, late start got onto the water at about 10am. Worked our way down towards 72nd st jetty, trolled a 1/4oz warbaits head paired with a 3" pearl swimbaits in sexydine color but no takers. Worked our way up the 72nd st jetty casting here n there then drifted back down the jetty across from it. Changed baits up to a 1/2oz warbaits head with a clear/redflake 5" big hammer. This produced a few missed opportunities for me but finally at about 1230 I hooked into one! It ended up being a small halibut maybe 15" but a fish none the less! After posing for a quick photo he was off to show the ladies his fresh lip piercing. I will post a pic when figure out how to here so bear with me. Fished our way back but no more takers, wind picked up so we headed back. Short day, off the water at 2 home for lunch by 215. All in all slow day but the saying rings true, a bad days fishing is better than the best day working!
J.S.20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #2
octico

Welcome aboard!
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #3
J.S.20
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by octico View Post
Welcome aboard!
Thanks glad to be aboard!
Old 12-10-2014, 03:50 PM   #4
SorryCharlie

Welcome! Lots of very fishy guys here to learn from.

Posting pictures is easy.
1. Click the paper clip on the tool bar, and select the pictures you wanted added in the browser window.
2. Click upload, then click on the drop down arrow next to the paper clip, and you will see the pictures you uploaded.
3. Just select the image you want and the code will appear in the text as code (usually something like [attach]numbers[attach/])
SorryCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #5
J.S.20
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorryCharlie View Post
Welcome! Lots of very fishy guys here to learn from.

Posting pictures is easy.
1. Click the paper clip on the tool bar, and select the pictures you wanted added in the browser window.
2. Click upload, then click on the drop down arrow next to the paper clip, and you will see the pictures you uploaded.
3. Just select the image you want and the code will appear in the text as code (usually something like [attach]numbers[attach/])
Thanks guys! Looking forward to learning some things andbeing part of the kayak fishing community! Is that for posting off a desktop or laptop? I usually am on here from my phone does that process work on mobile?
Old 12-12-2014, 02:06 AM   #6
King Saba

My local haunt. There's good fishing in the harbor if you work the docks. As for the halibut, I rarely hear of legals being caught. The LAB is not a trophy butt' harbor IMO.
King Saba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:50 PM   #7
J.S.20
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Saba View Post
My local haunt. There's good fishing in the harbor if you work the docks. As for the halibut, I rarely hear of legals being caught. The LAB is not a trophy butt' harbor IMO.
Aweet thanks for the tip! Yeah i would have to agree. I haven't had any monsters outta there. Most are about 15 to 20in with a couple barely legals that i released to grow up