Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2016, 05:24 PM   #1
CR Yaker

UPS Theft??

Sent 4 Shimano rods via UPS out there to CA Shimano, Irvine for warranty replacement. Had them in a long box I had received from another rod company. Well packaged.
Didn't even think of insurance, wasn't asked at the UPS center here. Replaced about $750 in rods.
Needless to say, it looks like the rods we're stolen by someone with UPS. Shimano refused delivery because it was only 1/3 of the original box empty with clear tape covered over a perfectly cut end.
Filed a claim today. What a joke talking with a claim representative who always tried to skewer the facts. Wonder if I should file a police report? If I thought it was on this end, MN, I would. But I doubt it, looks like it was in CA.
Live and learn.

Mark
CR Yaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:00 PM   #2
Mahigeer

Sorry about your loss.

My problem with UPS and FedEx is that they don't bother toring the doorbell.

They just leave the package and go.

I have complained to UPS, but it did no good.

I have been lucky so far that nothing has been stolen from my porch.

We have great USPS carrier, that ring the door bell, whatever does not fit in the mail slot. I give him a canned drink.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:38 PM   #3
jorluivil

I worked for DHL for 20 years, in those 20 years I had to go to small claims court 3 times to represent our company when customers sued us for lost or damaged freight. All 3 cases ended up in small claims appeals court and all 3 claims were ruled in favor of DHL. The plaintiffs received $100 which is the maximum refund when the insurance is not purchased.

Whatever you decided to do I wish you luck.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:03 PM   #4
CR Yaker

Sue??? No way, you are correct, have nothing to stand on with the optional insurance being provided.
But, that doesn't preclude from criminal investigation. If I thought UPS was doing everything possible to correct the wrong, I wouldn't even consider it. But it may be my civic duty to report it so as to help determine future pin points of criminal activity (if it was indeed theft).

Mark
Old 07-28-2016, 04:31 PM   #5
CR Yaker

The gods are smiling upon me. Today, out of the blue, I get a call from Shimano asking me about one of my rods (supposedly lost/stolen at UPS) and what to do since it wasn't covered under warranty. ??? As it turns out they had received all four rods. I didn't ask when they received them or how, I just smiled and went with it. Nothing from UPS about it. We even had already filed the paperwork for insurance and shipping reimbursement.

Mark
Old 07-28-2016, 05:51 PM   #6
jruiz
Large Member

I know first hand that there are ups employees that open packages and steal its contents. Insure everything
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 02:15 PM   #7
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

It's sad that you have to pay extra to just make sure a company it's job correctly. Isn't that extortion??

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk