Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2014, 05:15 PM   #21
GregAndrew

I never saw him without a smile on his face and a willingness to step right up and share the latest goings on. RIP Leo, you always brought a smile to my face.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:56 PM   #22
Dennis

Very sad to hear. He was a very nice guy. RIP.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:05 PM   #23
TCS

Leo lived well and will be missed.
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:10 AM   #24
blitzburgh

I never had the pleasure of meeting Leo but took note of how he always had postive posts on this board. Wade, that was a very nice video of the man. My prayers go out to his family. He is pulling on bigger fish than all of us now
Old 04-28-2014, 07:20 AM   #25
ful-rac
Emperor

R.I.P Leo.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:07 AM   #26
The Kid
Loves Surface Irons

Everyone knew Leo and Leo knew everyone. He was always the guy who never lost his passion for the sea whether he was sailing, fishing, or wishing he was fishing. Most of you who met him had a chance to listen to a story or two about Venezuela or one of his many adventures. Who didn't look forward to that!

It was always a joy to come back to the beach and expect to see him walk up to you and ask how your day was. There was never a hint of jealousy, bitterness, anger, hatred, or any negativity. He was always happy, always. Even for someone he never met, he would congratulate you on your catch of the day and truly be happy for you.

In the last few months he was really hoping to get back on the water. So much so that he went out around 2 months ago, not even feeling 25%, just to be out there and enjoy fishing not catching. We could all take away a message from Leo. I think that he would tell us in his own way that life is too fun to be let down.

There were many days that we spent out on the water together. Some epic days and some not so epic days. But I could never forget his excitement and enthusiasm for the sport we most of the time take for granted. But if Leo was hooked up, man watch out because it was game on! Rod bent, reel screaming and Leo poised for battle.

Not many people can appreciate the gifted waters we fish monthly, weekly, daily, hourly. Take a page from Leo's book and enjoy each day. You will be missed dearly friend! It was an honor having a small part in your story.

Rest in Peace Leopoldo Terrero

The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:10 AM   #27
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

R.I.P. Leo, you will be missed.

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:32 AM   #28
FARRIER

To the Mayor of Yellowtail Alley your contagious smile and warm hearted soul will be remembered by all. Hope your lines are forever tight and the weather is always perfect for flying!
Old 04-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #29
Squid Vicious
plastic navey squid

prayers
Malibu Mini X F & D "anchovie "
Squid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:53 PM   #30
lambadmin
Spam Sanitation Dept

Very sad.

R.I.P, smooth seas Leo!
Old 04-28-2014, 04:23 PM   #31
Nic D

I got a txt from Georgette, Leo's wife on Monday morning letting me know that Leo had passed away unexpectedly. She told me that when the services were arranged that she would let me know... I'll post in this thread when I know something.

Im so bummed. Leo was a very kind and gentle soul. I spoke with Leo quite often and was over at his house or he was at mine when I had a yak. Not too much the last year or so but we always talked on the phone. Miss ya Leo

not my photos,,, but Leo asked me to make this for him a couple of years back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leo.jpg (69.7 KB, 82 views)

instagram - @DRAGO619

Last edited by Nic D; 04-28-2014 at 04:30 PM.
Nic D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:13 PM   #32
jgoertz
Junior

A bump for Leo as well as information on the memorial and his obituary. Georgette (Leo's wife) has also extended an invitation to BWE members for lunch after the service for those wishing to join. Thanks all for the good comments, memories, and stories celebrating his life. I think they have helped the family in their healing.

Georgette's message and info shared here :

Here is the link to Leo's obituary online and info on the Memorial service which will be Friday, May 9, 2014 at 11:00 am at All Hallows Catholic Church, link has all the info inlcluding Church's address. Can you share in BWE and let also all know that after the service we will gather for lunch at the house, everyone is welcome. Address: 3210 Caminito Eastbluff #61, La Jolla, CA 92037.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/laj...&pid=170855583

Thanks
Jerry
jgoertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:50 PM   #33
sharonkayak

When I started fishing years ago
He was one of the first person I had met on the water. Such a positive friendly guy. Had a great passion for the sport. Would allways have a big grin regardless if he caught fish. Leo you will be missed
sharonkayak is offline   Reply With Quote