Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
1arick
Junior

where to put your catch

new to kayak fishing and was wondering where you guys put the fish you catch i have seen divers stringer used and fishing bags would like to know what most of you guys use
1arick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
TCS

Burlap back on the back of the kayak, keep it wet and the fish stays cool.
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
jorluivil

I'll let you know as soon as I catch one

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:48 PM   #4
flydigital

I just put it wherever I can out of the water and head in within an hour or two of catching it to get it on ice. If its hot out I head in right away. Never had a problem with the meat going soft.
flydigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:50 PM   #5
dorado50

Yea, it's funny how some get so anal about things and the events haven't even happened yet. I'm of the mindset of catching the fish first and worry about what to do next, after the fish is on board....not worry 'bout the small stuff.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #6
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
Yea, it's funny how some get so anal about things and the events haven't even happened yet. I'm of the mindset of catching the fish first and worry about what to do next, after the fish is on board....not worry 'bout the small stuff.

No Sh*t!!! I'll be so fricken excited that I'll be landing at the beach before the hook is released from the fishes mouth.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #7
Amish Ed

I fish bass, so I let them stay in there own home until I come back. Hope you do too.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:16 AM   #8
old_rookie

Quote:
After spending hours on the water, and many trips out and finally catching a WSB or YT, and now doing a 20 or 40 minute paddle back to the beach, I think it would be a good idea to be ready to take care of that fine meat and take the right steps to keep it in the best condition. I wouldn't want to invest all that time, money and energy then not do the right thing to preserve the catch and let it spoil. However, based on photos I've seen, some just strap it down and head home.
old_rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:46 AM   #9
bluesquids

I have a diving buddy moved here from hawaii, he has one of these kayak kill bags made over there that fits in his front hatch. I must say it looks well made like a high end kill bag for sportsfishers. Expensive though.
http://www.gobananaskayaks.com/brows...lers/2,60.html

Personally, I have a 4'x 3' foot piece of relectix insulation that I fold in half and leave in the bottom of the kayak and forget about it. Unlike burlap that holds water. I wrap my fish in it , maybe add the blue ice block from my lunch. It's basically bubble wrap on steriods with a reflective coating on one side, it's thin and does an amazing job insulating.
http://www.amazon.com/Reflectix-BP48...6179432&sr=1-7
Old 05-23-2011, 06:14 PM   #10
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
No Sh*t!!! I'll be so fricken excited that I'll be landing at the beach before the hook is released from the fishes mouth.

LMFAO

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:41 PM   #11
dorado50

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_rookie View Post
After spending hours on the water, and many trips out and finally catching a WSB or YT, and now doing a 20 or 40 minute paddle back to the beach, I think it would be a good idea to be ready to take care of that fine meat and take the right steps to keep it in the best condition. I wouldn't want to invest all that time, money and energy then not do the right thing to preserve the catch and let it spoil. However, based on photos I've seen, some just strap it down and head home.
If you were going to sell the fish at market hell ya take care of it, but your in Cal. And u can't do that. It's just a fish, put that baby between your legs and pat it on the head and say "nice fishy". Get it home put on ice for few hours to get firm meat and slice it up! Very simple...Sometimes its fun to catch more than one fish, than you peddle in with two on your lap!!
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:58 PM   #12
old_rookie

Quote:
If you were going to sell the fish at market hell ya take care of it, but your in Cal. And u can't do that. It's just a fish, put that baby between your legs and pat it on the head and say "nice fishy". Get it home put on ice for few hours to get firm meat and slice it up! Very simple...Sometimes its fun to catch more than one fish, than you peddle in with two on your lap!!
Sounds good - thanks for making it simple.
old_rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #13
Phatford
Heroes on the Water Staff

I have an insulated fish bag that fits the nose of my Yak. Works Awesome!
Phatford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:16 AM   #14
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Check this out...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWAX:I
Is this what you're looking for?
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote