Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2014, 07:04 PM   #1
tamddo714

6/9 HH & 6/10 NPH

6/9 Huntington Habor

Decided to hit up Huntington Habor with a buddy of mine for an afternoon session. We peddled directly towards the bridge throwing the lucky craft 110 and 120dd for some halibuts but no takers. Right before we leave the area i throw out my 120dd for one more retrieve and fish on! after a decent fight i landed one of my personal best spottie and was shortly released. The naval security on their patrol boat even gave me a shout out! We head to another spot that has produced some halibuts for my friend. About after five minutes of throwing the 120dd i hook up once again! My line starts to fly off my reel, but i get no head shake that means big bat ray and it was. After about a 20 minute fight and trying to unhook my lucky craft from its wing it finally broke off. So if anyone catches a bat ray with a lucky craft on its wing, it's mine!

6/10 NPH

Got to NPH around 545am this morning and met AmishED in the parking lot when he recognized my car. It was nice meeting you! Met up with my friend so we can attempt to land some rock fish. We got to a spot and we drop down our lines immediately. My friend lands one rock fish and i think to myself its going to be a good day for rock fishing. Minute after he lands his fish i get a big bendo. Excitedly cranking in line it turned out to be a toad sand bass that taped out at 18" caught on some squid strips. After those two bites we could not locate anymore rock fishes so we headed inside. I fished the docks for about 4 short bass and out of the waters by 12pm. Conditions were real nice in the morning with light swells on the outside but the wind picked up a bit around 10 but nothing too crazy. Tight lines everyone

tamddo714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #2
Amish Ed

Nice meeting you too. Glad you got some fish.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:52 AM   #3
blitzburgh

Thanks for the reports
Old 06-11-2014, 09:38 PM   #4
Jaysuuun
Junior

Those are some toad bass! Congrats on the PB Spottie. Did you get a measurement on the spottie?
Jaysuuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #5
tamddo714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysuuun View Post
Those are some toad bass! Congrats on the PB Spottie. Did you get a measurement on the spottie?
The spottie was about 16" but had a fat belly on it. tight lines
tamddo714 is offline   Reply With Quote