Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2009, 08:13 AM   #1
PAL

Headed to the fateful meeting - do us proud on Weds!

The BRTF meeting that will determine our future starts at 1 pm today. I'll be there doing my best to see kayak anglers get a fair shake. I know you'll do your part on Weds. I'm looking forward to seeing the familiar faces of my friends and valued peers.

As you get ready for this difficult moment, please remember a few things. Respectful, kind words will be heard; anger will be tuned out or turn hearts hard. We have friends on the BRTF - remember this!

It's a time to talk about the maps and how they will affect us all. Please be positive and proud - we are self-reliant, environmentally friendly, the best of all people, an asset to have on the water. Show up early and stay late. Keep your cool among those who'd deprive us of our cherished freedoms, whether out of ignorance or misguided ideology - we are better than this.

If you haven't committed to coming to Long Beach on Weds, its still not too late! Every one of you is needed and will make a difference. Come even if its to bear witness and cede your time to another one of your brothers. Look for the Proposal 2 room for help with speaking points. 1:30 and 7:00 pm, Long Beach Hilton. It's one day for the future of our sport. Don't let us or yourself down.

Paul
YES ON TWO!
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:14 AM   #2
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Thumbs up

Good Luck Paul, see ya up there tomorrow!!!!! Thanks for all your dedication, and hard work, either way this process shakes out, you have my eternal respect my friend!
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:20 AM   #3
FISHIONADO

Thanks for representing, see you there.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Good luck and thank you for everything. It's almsot over .

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:44 AM   #5
Billy V

Good Luck and see you tomorrow.

-PS- I'm working on your PM right now.
--------------------------------------------
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:07 AM   #6
Iceman
Administrator

Paul,

Fight the good fight! Sorry I never got back to you yesterday, I'll see you manana!
Old 10-20-2009, 11:20 AM   #7
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAL View Post
The BRTF meeting that will determine our future starts at 1 pm today. I'll be there doing my best to see kayak anglers get a fair shake. I know you'll do your part on Weds. I'm looking forward to seeing the familiar faces of my friends and valued peers.

Paul
YES ON TWO!
Clay and I will see ya manana, you da man...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:11 PM   #8
DESTROYER

Good Luck Lebo and Thank You for your Hard Work!

I will not be able to make it tomorrow. I have too many parties tomorrow and not enough workers. I will be pulling a double. I will not be able to share my speech with them. Here it is and if anyone can use any part of it, be my guest.

"Lots of people committed crimes during the year who would not have done so if they had been fishing.” Herbert Hooverfficeffice" />>>
> >
PATRIOTIC RANT>>

> >
ffice:smarttags" />lace w:st="on">CALIFORNIAlace> CONSTITUTION>>
ARTICLE 1- DECLARATION OF RIGHTS>>
> >
SECTION 1. All people are by nature free and independent and have>>
Inalienable rights. Among these are enjoying and defending life and>>
lace w:st="on">Libertylace>, acquiring, possessing, and protecting property, and pursuing>>
And obtaining safety, happiness, and privacy.>>> >
My name is Matt Moyer and >>
I am a Kayak Fisherman,>>
> >
I have a few questions that I would like you to chew on before you make your decision!>>
> >
Why would you want to take something away that means so much to people? Their Lives? Their Livelihood? Their Stress Relief? Their Sanity?>>
> >
Is this what being an American has come too? You are going to take away my fishery that my father’s father’s father used to fish? How does that create Happiness that the lace w:st="on">Californialace> Constitution so eloquently states in the Declaration of Rights in Article 1; Section 1? All this process has done is Divide people, and to me that is Un-American. I urge you to make sure lace w:st="on">La Jollalace> is left off the MPA closures! I also leave you one more quote from a great man.>>
> >
> >
"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error." Andrew Jackson>>

Tight Lines and Good Luck!

Matt Moyer
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:59 PM   #9
Sherm

Thanks again Paul. See you tomorrow.
Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote