Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2013, 06:29 AM   #1
TJones

on the lighter side ( shared recipe )

last week i was asking about recipes and i thought i would share this one with you guys . in recent years i have been blessed with my share of fish from ocean , but now i am really enjoy kayaking and primarily fish from so . in the past i have been giving away more fish than i have been eating . probably because i am a steak man . this year i am gonna try to change my diet up and start eating more fish . after all how could i receive more unless i consume what i have . with that in mind i decided to eat some of my recent catch . lately i have been passing on some of the fish to my filipino brother next door . he uses the head , belly , and collar to make soup . very little carcass of the fish actually remains . so yesterday we cut up the fish and i took my fillets and gave him the usual remains . i took a small piece of fillet and tossed it in a pan with light oil and cooked it up . mean while my other filipino neighbor was cooking bbq pork chops on his propane grill , so i have gave him some fish and tossed a slab on for me . " rocky " my neighbor who normally makes the soup said i would like to make you a salad . it was a real simple recipe , but man was it delicious . so here it is . he took the raw fish and cubed it up into about one inch squares . sliced up some white onions ( which can be supplemented with red ) , slivered up some fresh ginger , lightly season with salt and pepper to you'r liking , and add white vinegar . i am guessing the recipe might be japanese . i consumed all three types of fish prepared i actually like the salad the best . most of us know what it is like to throw a piece into the pan or grill , but this recipe was the most unique and kinda reminds me of shrimp ahogados . i hope everyone enjoys .
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:40 AM   #2
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

living next to a pinoy, you will never starve.
I have the privilege of being F.O.P also

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
CKallday71

We should really have a STICKY for posting fish recipes.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:23 PM   #4
maui jim

I miss Yani's recipes....and pictures you could almost taste it....
Old 06-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #5
Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKallday71 View Post
We should really have a STICKY for posting fish recipes.
Ask, and you shall receive.

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...d=1#post160725
Old 06-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
TJones

that was an amazing post

. yesterday consumed more with slight variation . mango , lime and cucumber added . we are very fortunate of having this kind of table fare with unbeatable freshness .
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote