Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
CalicoCody

Long Beach guys... for what it's worth

A fishing buddy of mine has opened up for business on the Belmont Pier. He has live bait (the same stuff Nacho has because thats who he gets it from), tackle, ice, ect. If you are out fishing the oil islands off cherry beach for halibut hit him up! His name is Eric. His shop is towards the end of the pier.

By the way I am in no shape or form getting any sort of commission from this post nor am I trying to take business from anyone else... admin, if I am violating any forum rules I apologize and feel free to remove the post... just trying to make this convienence known and help a friend and a good guy out.

Cheers!

Cody
CalicoCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
FishNinjaY

that's good to know.. so, how does that work out? You go to the end of Belmont Pier to buy some live bait? And keep it in what? They hustle back to your car or to your yak off Cherry Beach to dump them into a livewell? Has anyone done this? Just wondering...

I never even knew there were live bait options anywhere around Cherry Beach. Thanks for posting it.
FishNinjaY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #3
Raskal311

Holly cow I haven't been to Belmont in years. I used to live in long beach and used to walk 7-8 miles to that peier and fish with my buddies when I was like 12. Fishing on that pier was probably the only good memory i hane of that city.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #4
Comanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishNinjaY View Post
that's good to know.. so, how does that work out? You go to the end of Belmont Pier to buy some live bait? And keep it in what? They hustle back to your car or to your yak off Cherry Beach to dump them into a livewell? Has anyone done this? Just wondering...

I never even knew there were live bait options anywhere around Cherry Beach. Thanks for posting it.
They have installed a new dock at belmont pier. And there are alot bike ramp so you could use your kayak cart to take it all the way down the pier. Planing to do it myself when the weather clears up.
Comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:40 AM   #5
Raskal311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
They have installed a new dock at belmont pier. And there are alot bike ramp so you could use your kayak cart to take it all the way down the pier. Planing to do it myself when the weather clears up.
Launch off the pier? sweeeeet. Is there a fee to use the dock?
Old 05-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #6
Comanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal311 View Post

Not sure about that yet...but if not then I will have to paddle from the shore to floating dock. Still not too bad I think. I'll pop that question to the guys at belmont pier.
Comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #7
CalicoCody

Quote:

If you plan to buy bait paddle your yak to the little boat dock on the left side of the pier, tie off to it and head up the gangway. After you purchase the bait you can carry it down to your bait tank in a 5 gallon bucket with a little water in it, transfer, and its off to the races

Quote:
Nope, no fee, but its easier to launch from the beach and paddle to the dock because the gangway leading down to the dock is kind of narrow to be maneuvering a yak on especially if you have a longer boat.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #8
vincentek9
MAYNEE-YAK

TOTALLY DOING IT! i have docked my yak on the floating dock to pee a few times. if there is live bait being sold there, i dont have to jig up my own crap anymore. and i know there are lots of halis waiting to eat one of those fresh live little things.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #9
FishNinjaY

questions..

1. what live bait do they have? Sardines? Anchovies?

2. this may be a dumb question, but how exactly do you get in and out of your kayak from a dock? I guess I'll figure it out when I go on the Islander mothership charter, but just wonder if anyone has any tips here. Thanks.

yeah, this sounds great.. I want to try this also!!
FishNinjaY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #10
Raskal311

Tied off and hope off out is pretty straight forward.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #11
jorluivil

I really hope this works out for him and for the kayakers. Although making bait is always an option the problem is that you're spendinv time trying to find the right kind.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #12
CalicoCody

Quote:
questions..

1. what live bait do they have? Sardines? Anchovies?

2. this may be a dumb question, but how exactly do you get in and out of your kayak from a dock? I guess I'll figure it out when I go on the Islander mothership charter, but just wonder if anyone has any tips here. Thanks.

yeah, this sounds great.. I want to try this also!!
He has sardines right now and should have anchovy by this weekend. Spoke with him yesterday
Old 05-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #13
Raskal311

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoCody View Post
He has sardines right now and should have anchovy by this weekend. Spoke with him yesterday
I assume its not going to be a big scope like at DP. Can you check on what teh price and quantity is like? Will he be providing buckets to trasport it to the yak?
Old 05-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #14
PE.rider

Sounds like they need to invest in a dumbwaiter-winch crane for conveniently servicing the yakkers. Order through VHF radio channels, send down a tethered container for payment, and the bait comes down in a bucket...

I'd give them my business if I can buy bait pier-side...
PE.rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #15
CalicoCody

Quote:
I assume its not going to be a big scope like at DP. Can you check on what teh price and quantity is like? Will he be providing buckets to trasport it to the yak?
Yeah you are going to pay a little more for the convenience. His capacity isn't huge and he has to cover hiis fuel expenses to pick it up from Nacho. I talked to him and he told me 10 bucks for 20 sardines (+\- depending on size).
Old 05-08-2013, 03:42 AM   #16
food4less562

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoCody View Post
Yeah you are going to pay a little more for the convenience. His capacity isn't huge and he has to cover hiis fuel expenses to pick it up from Nacho. I talked to him and he told me 10 bucks for 20 sardines (+\- depending on size).
Hours of operation? Ask him what is the pricing for the dude that saved his boat from sinking.
food4less562 is offline   Reply With Quote