Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
rcdrivertim
Junior

BIG BEAR LAKE 10/20

Going up to Big Bear Lake this Saturday. Anyone interested?
rcdrivertim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
mtnbykr2

Big Bear Lake has some specific rules and fees I believe, last I heard they weren't too keen on yaks but I may be wrong, you might want to call ahead
and check...imo..
Old 10-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
rcdrivertim
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbykr2 View Post
Big Bear Lake has some specific rules and fees I believe, last I heard they weren't too keen on yaks but I may be wrong, you might want to call ahead
and check...imo..
Big Bear is fine with yaks. I have been there in the past. They just ask that the yak is dry so there is no spread of zebra mussels. There is no fee to enter the launch area. You just need a daily pass, which costs like $12.00. You do need fishing licenses.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
Anthony179
A.T.

was up at Gregory last week fishing from shore. Caught some browns. have taken your kayak their.
Anthony179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
Poxy Boggards

I might be down for this trip. What are you planning to target? I have never brought the yak up to Big Bear before. When and where are you planning to launch?
Poxy Boggards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #6
rcdrivertim
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poxy Boggards View Post
I might be down for this trip. What are you planning to target? I have never brought the yak up to Big Bear before. When and where are you planning to launch?
Hey Poxy,

The wife and I are going up somewhat early on Saturday and will launch from the East Ramp, opens at 7am. My wife likes to sit at the picnic tables and read or on the beach. They have plenty of safe parking, clean restrooms and picnic tables for breaks. As for what I am "going after", anything that will bite. I have a couple of spots I have been told about for bass. There are some trout.

I am not a real experienced kayak fisherman so, I hope to learn some things from you and whoever else might want to go. If you want to go, private message me and we can exchange #'s.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
rcdrivertim
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony179 View Post
was up at Gregory last week fishing from shore. Caught some browns. have taken your kayak their.
When I went to Lake Gregory, I found it pretty small. Big Bear is HUGE. There are also many places to get supplies within a couple of miles of the launch area. Also, let me know next time you go to Lake Gregory and want a 2nd.