Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2009, 07:05 AM   #1
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

So What Happens Next?

As Paul said, we fought the good fight and should be thankful that we were at least able to modify the pre-determined outcome a little. My question is what happens next?

Is the "Option 2" map the final word? Will someone tweak this thing a bit, (it seemed to me that there was some interest among the BRTF in leaving the LJ Reserve the way it is and not closing much north of the pier).

Since the DFG has to enforce this, do they have to approve the deal? What about the legislature? Will they stick their dirty little hands into the pot?

Then there is the issue of enforcement. The head of the DFG Warden's association said flat out at yesterday's meeting that these rules would not be enforced by the Game Wardens due to lack of resources. If these new rules are not enforced, do they mean anything?

Finally there is the cost. I have heard numbers such as $17 million to put this stuff into effect. The Governator said yesterday the the State will have a $7 Billion deficit next year and the future looks like more of the same. Where will the money come from?

Is there a chance that some wise and reasonable people in our government, (there must be a few of them), will just say NO the all of this madness, at least until there is funding to make it feasible?

Anyone have thoughts on this issue?
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote