Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-21-2020, 10:00 PM   #1
kevbeer

getting back on the horse (LJ)

getting back on the horse (LJ) hopefully Monday 6 am...who is going to babysit me? Despite my recent epic dunk fail, I had successfully launched and fished LJ 4 times and caught 4 fish so far...so hopefully I can hang.
Help me move on from this tragedy!

edit: just to clarify, I am being sarcastic about the babysitting part...just looking for some company and tips if you got them.

Last edited by kevbeer; 05-22-2020 at 06:15 PM.
kevbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:50 AM   #2
jruiz
Large Member

Did you recover your stuff?
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:08 AM   #3
Warmshort

Quote:
Originally Posted by jruiz View Post
Nice
Warmshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:44 AM   #4
tunaseeker
TB Metal Art

Just jump out at 3 feet or so.... when coming in
tunaseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:35 PM   #5
TJones

4 yellows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevbeer View Post
getting back on the horse (LJ) hopefully Monday 6 am...who is going to babysit me? Despite my recent epic dunk fail, I had successfully launched and fished LJ 4 times and caught 4 fish so far...so hopefully I can hang.
Don’t quit. Some guys go years before popping cherry. Some get eluded all together.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:40 PM   #6
BenCantrell

I'm leaning towards Sunday. Are you firm on going Monday?
BenCantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:50 PM   #7
kevbeer

My wife works Sunday and so I have to be home to watch my son. I am going monday.
Old 05-22-2020, 05:52 PM   #8
kevbeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJones View Post
Don’t quit. Some guys go years before popping cherry. Some get eluded all together.
by popping cherry and eluded are you referring to catching a fish or catching a yellow or taking a dunk or what?
Old 05-22-2020, 06:00 PM   #9
kevbeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jruiz View Post
I bought a used seat for cheap thanks to a dude who was getting a 2020 on warranty. I am still in possession of some other pedals that were reported found on facebook last sunday night (my dunk was sat morning.) I rushed down to LJ at 800 pm after this post (saying essentially "parts of a pedal kayak found sat night, left them on maritime room ledge") was brought to my attention by someone on BWE, only to find the pedals were not mine, not same model even. I have reposted these pedals as found on both BWE and facebook, looking for true owner, but haven't heard back yet. There was also a seat that was found with these pedals, described by the poster as my seat exactly, but someone must've taken this seat, which I assume to have been mine, from maritime room during the course of the day. Quite a burn, was so close to getting that seat back..,

but still, I have pedals and a seat for monday! assuming pedal owner doesnt come around...part of me wonders if the owner actually found MY (md180) pedals, and left theirs at LJ instead...I dunno...but if you notice your shady kayaking bud suddenly has better pedals...yeah umm...I leave that up to you what to do.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:06 PM   #10
TJones

I'll be down there

I'll help you out. Stevie, what about you? What are you gonna do on this long Memorial weekend?
Old 05-23-2020, 11:36 AM   #11
TJones

most of the guys you will meet at LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevbeer View Post

edit: just to clarify, I am being sarcastic about the babysitting part...just looking for some company and tips if you got them.
are more than willing to lend a helping hand, especially under unusual circumstances like what happened. when it comes down to business on water, some prefer to stalk alone. anyways, give me a shout out. see you this weekend. or beginning of next.
Old 05-25-2020, 05:32 AM   #12
kevbeer

I found someone's Toyota key and Ziploc with some other keys this morning at la Jolla. Left them at the base of the wooden gate thing at the launch where it meets the hotel there.