Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 03-23-2018, 08:04 AM   #1
YakDout
Brandon

Elite TI upgrade

Anyone with an elite 5 ti or HDS carbon
Should check out the new software update for your unit. They implemented a new feature called fish reveal that is supposed to make some very nice pictures in downscan and structure scan.

I will download this weekend and report back with a review when I get a chance to get on the water.
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:40 AM   #2
ful-rac
Emperor

Got the new software, haven't tried it out yet. Don't really use downscan very often...but I'll give it a try with the new software.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:53 AM   #3
YakDout
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Got the new software, haven't tried it out yet. Don't really use downscan very often...but I'll give it a try with the new software.

I typically don’t use downscan in open water either. But this could potentially be the best of both worlds. Downscan showing great bottom structure and detail while retaining the traditional sonar marks on the same screen. I think depth penetration has always been an issue with downscan so time will tell
Old 03-23-2018, 11:59 AM   #4
f'nsabiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Which transducer are you using?? I bought a new Outback and will be getting a HDS-7. Thanks
f'nsabiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:02 PM   #5
ful-rac
Emperor

I'm using the totalscan transducer.
Old 03-26-2018, 09:20 AM   #6
ful-rac
Emperor

Well after the update my water temp stopped functioning. After about an hour fiddling with it on the water and losing valuable fishing time...I gave up and went fishing. Wasn't sure if the update had anything to do with the temp not functioning anymore...but the timing was suspicious. After I got home, I tried again to see if I could get it working again and no luck. I hate it when things don't work!!! So called over to Lowrance this morning and got it all straitened out. Had to mess with a few obscure settings and were back in business.

As far as the fish reveal...it's an interesting upgrade....but I don't see myself using it anymore than i usually do. Definitely not worth all the BS I had to go thru this weekend.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:33 AM   #7
Cronus
Cheat to win

Thanks for the update, think I will pass on the update until I have too much time on my hands...
Cronus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 12:22 PM   #8
YakDout
Brandon

Ive heard the water temp was possibly an issue with the update. Which settings did you have to change? I guess we can’t expect much from a free upgrade. Bummer.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:48 AM   #9
_Obed
Bird nest master

Update took a solid 2 min.s nothing changed on my ti in a negative way at all. The fish reveal is amazing. I use the ds and ts options alot and this has made it even better for my style of fishing. Here are some screen shots of big fish. not some crappy phone pic.
But i heard the hds should wait to update, has been causing crashes and lag in hds models.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
_Obed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:43 PM   #10
YakDout
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Obed View Post
Update took a solid 2 min.s nothing changed on my ti in a negative way at all. The fish reveal is amazing. I use the ds and ts options alot and this has made it even better for my style of fishing. Here are some screen shots of big fish. not some crappy phone pic.
But i heard the hds should wait to update, has been causing crashes and lag in hds models.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Looks good. Thanks for the side by side.