Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #21
T Bone

That pic would get the CF #ers and the video tells the rest of the story.That guy was definitely a very cool customer.

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #22
WahooUSMA

Hillbilly or not, someone would have definitely gotten a serious ass whoopin' out of that. It would have been different if there were remorse or something, but those Deliverance *&^%'s just fired up the kicker and left!

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:10 AM   #23
bellcon

Here is a post from the Hobie fishing web site about the video:

Quote:
pdxfisher wrote:
Hey Sherminator, I was the guy in the yellow Outback anchored on the other side of the river. I was fishing on the other side of the river when Michael got hit. I did not see it happen but saw his kayak twisting back (after being struck). I thought that the boat had only grabbed his anchor line at the time. Michael did not look too upset so I did not even go over and check on him. He and the guys in the boat looked like they were having a nice calm conversation so I did not want to butt in.

Yes the boat did take off at first - to go get Michael's paddle. The guys who hit him were a couple of older guys that were not paying enough attention. They did make sure he was OK. Later, they trolled by me and asked if Michael was OK and I told them I thought he was. It is bad that they were not paying attention, but they were not evil by any stretch of the imagination.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #24
Yakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellcon View Post
Here is a post from the Hobie fishing web site about the video:
Great to know they weren't just leaving the scene to get away and actually getting his paddle!
Glad to know that he and his yak were not injured in no means life threatening!!!
Someone was being watched over but still in other means when on the water at any time in a big or small vessel motor powered or man powered you still need to pay attention.
I don't think you would ride your bicycle down the street brainlessly?
Old 05-05-2012, 06:53 AM   #25
bellcon

From the horses mouth:

http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com...p?topic=8122.0
Old 05-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #26
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by walrus View Post
I'm not sure I did thisattachment link right, this is a must watch.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ADSXNYtL-54&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3">

Double click on the link.
I think he handled it perfectly. He stayed calm and did not retaliate, and he has the impact on video and a photo of the two and the boat for further id purposes. If he got the hull numbers then he could report them as a hit and run and has video proof of it. He's lucky to be alive.

When I was fishing the OEX Mission Bay tourney a few weeks ago one of those rowing people ran in to me with their boat because they were not watching where she was going, and she even admitted that it was her fault.

No damage to the Kayak at all but she was worried that she hurt her rowing boat.
Like Andy said keep your head on a swivel when out where PBers are present.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #27
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
I don't know about you guys but aside from putting a couple of .45's in the bottom of their boat (I'm legaly licenced to carry), I would have pulled out my flare gun and marked the boat! (providing they were leaving the "scene of the accident") 'cause that's just irresponsible and inappropriate.
FFY.
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:00 AM   #28
MrPukaShell

Cool customer to say the least, kept fishing. I think I would have reeled up.
MrPukaShell is offline   Reply With Quote