Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #21
T Bone

My brother is a sportboat Capt At Davies Locker (Freelance and Bongos)and knows many commercial lobster fisherman.No one is more fudgepacked than them on all of this since most of these MPA's are inshore reef areas and not vast expanse of sandy beach that doesnt hold much if any lobster.

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
Old 01-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #22
mbaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy V View Post
I fished N/W La Jolla 4 times in the last 2 weeks on my boat, and I know exactly where the GPS boundaries are. I also fished Torry Pines, and S. La Jolla on a commercial boat with a GPS Overlay of the reserves on the chart plotter and still did not see any lobster traps inside a reserve.

I did not see a single lobster buoy in the new reserve.

Incase you did not know - the lobsterman may legally set their traps right up to the GPS line, if the buoy is dragged inside the reserve by the tide or current, the trap is still legal. The measurement is taken from where the cage lies on the ocean floor.
-------------------------------
To jump to a conclusion, and sound the General Alarm is just plain wrong.
-Would you react with such conviction in other matters of Law ?

We sure could have used such dedication while fighting the Illegal and Corrupt Blue Ribbon Task Force. Its right there on YouTube for you to see. Listen to the BRTF Lie about their ownership of Marinas, How they governed themselves as bound by the brown act, the fuel docks they own and much more.

Meg Caldwell gets a little wet in her pp at the mere mention of the letters mlpa. Those are the real outlaws, the real violators. The ones who bent you over and stole your ocean, then shoved their fist straight up your arse.
-------------------------------

I question your judgement and reaction on the DFG tipster incident without having fully known what was legal or illegal. Everyone here will suffer the consequences of this action - Regardless if you were right or wrong.
Billy, come sit at Alligator head for 1/2 hour and you will see POACHERS setting and retrieving lobster pots right against the southern most buoys, which is INSIDE the new reserve.

Maybe I'll take some pictures on Monday so we can all see them POACHING
Old 01-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #23
mbaha

So we are all clear, the POACHERS are POACHING in the south eastern most part of the red area in the below image. You all know where the southern buoys are nearest the cove and how they made a dog leg. Now the line has been straightened out but the buoys have not moved. The POACHERS are going hog wild in their own private lobster area right in front of our face.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #24
roadx

Bob you have gave a lot of good suggestions and tips but this is not right. what the hell were you thinking?

jealously is a terrible thing. YOU cant do it, so no one can mentality is destroying this country.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #25
Billy V

My next trip is later this week.

I will look in the area you mentioned, as well as the other areas that I intend to fish.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #26
mbaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadx View Post
Bob you have gave a lot of good suggestions and tips but this is not right. what the hell were you thinking?

jealously is a terrible thing. YOU cant do it, so no one can mentality is destroying this country.
Err when it is against the law then yes no one should do it. Plus for every lobster they steal that is one less for the law abiding citizens. I'm surprised to see the honorable kayak guys so pro-POACHING.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #27
mbaha

Quote:
My next trip is later this week.

I will look in the area you mentioned, as well as the other areas that I intend to fish.
Thank you.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #28
Podaker

Speechless......
Old 01-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #29
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaha View Post
Err when it is against the law then yes no one should do it. Plus for every lobster they steal that is one less for the law abiding citizens. I'm surprised to see the honorable kayak guys so pro-POACHING.

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."
-Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #30
Matt
Support your local pangas

I don't think anyone is "pro poaching" but everyone here is outraged at the unjust process that the Mlpa was forced upon us. Zero current research was used and so many back room deals were cut it was insane. Not "pro poaching" just anti bullshit!
Old 01-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #31
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Incase you did not know - the lobsterman may legally set their traps right up to the GPS line, if the buoy is dragged inside the reserve by the tide or current, the trap is still legal. The measurement is taken from where the cage lies on the ocean floor.
That's a very good point!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #32
bellcon

I saw the lobster pots yesterday; there is a line of them just outside the "old" boundary, so yes they are in the "new" boundary.

This is NOT about "honorable kayak guys so pro-POACHING"
it is about kayak guys who fought so hard against the f-ing sham of a process called the mlpa, that illegally took some of best fishing spots up and down the California coast!.

It is also about the relationships kayakers, spearos and the commercials tried to develop during the process, to do what we could together to stop the Bullchit train that was bent on running us over.

Like Bob I will always do what I can to stop poaching when I see it.
I will also abide by their new regs and mpa boundaries.
BUT I will NOT help the DFG or anyone else enforce the new MPA's!
F-them and their new boundaries.

It would be awesome if when those buoys are pulled up,
they are connected to a big rock with a note that says:
F--- the MLPA!.

PS
Can we just delete this post forever?
I doubt it will help our cause or look good for us in the long run...
Old 01-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #33
RK

Bob what a donkey move...So I have you to thank for the dfg going through all my shit threatening to cite me when I'm a licensed fisherman. Rad bob so awesome of you....
Such a hero

I love the fact that guys that make a living doing something feeding there families and have probably been dropping pots in a area where there fathers a s grandfathers have for years continue to do so...
Poaching is gay
So are tattle tellers
But fishing isn't. Quit trying to be a vigilante and go fishing

Last edited by RK; 01-21-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #34
RK

I'm with don on this one moderator pleaseDelete this post
Old 01-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #35
WahooUSMA

Well I am probably going to get bitched slapped on this one. As retired LAPD Detective, I can tell you we cleared 75% of our cases by citizens such as Bob calling in with tips. And, as political as this may sound, we are a Nation of laws and we must obey by them - like it or not. I fucking hate the MLPA and their 'scientific research', etc. I hate everything they stand for, but what the fuck - We have to live with it for now. I am hoping that at some point, some sort of litigation will intervene and we can stop these liberal, eco-fuck nuts in their tracks.

While the MLPA is bad, I spent the better part of my adult life in law enforcement and the military dealing with the ALCU and Amnesty International, so right now I can handle the eco-wakos - In the big scheme of things, they are a pimple on my ass! I have better things to do with my time then worrying about the MPLA. Slamming a fellow kayaker for doing what he perceived as the right thing to do is BS. Way to stand up for what you believed in was right, Bob. The only other option you might have had was to lie-in-wait and confront the poachers by your lonesome. I guess the majority of the population on this board would have paddle up to commercial fisherman and advise them to pull up their catches, dump their nets and move on if they observed them poaching vs. calling the authorities……Yeah right.

Therefore, going forward, I will do what is right and you if you don't like it

Old 01-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #36
dorado50

Delete this thread like the liberal nuts deleted the recreational fishermans due process (and their right to fish)during the mlpa meetings?. C'mon man.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #37
jorluivil

I bet you guys some MLPA dumbshit is reading this at laughing at how all of you are fighting with each other over what someone believes is right. If Bob wants to call the DFG let him call them, who are you to judge another man for what he believes in?

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
Old 01-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #38
T-Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
I, for one would rather have a cordial and respectful relationship with these guys rather than an adversarial one. I think that I may have done a bit to help secure the former with what I did yesterday.

Bob
Bob, I gotta disagree with you. I believe we should always maintain a courteous and respectful relationship with the DFG wardens, but this doesn't require anyone to help enforce the MLPA.

I'd fully support you for reporting someone taking shorts, but the MLPA and new boundaries are complete BS and were implemented through a disgusting and corrupt process. I'm shocked anyone in the fishing community would go out of their way to help enforce implementation of the MLPA.

Last edited by T-Rex; 01-21-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #39
T-Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
If Bob wants to call the DFG let him call them, who are you to judge another man for what he believes in?
George - I have no problem judging the actions of others. Bob has the right to call the DFG, and we all have the right to either agree or disagree with him.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #40
rogersmith

sorry, no markers, no boundary. Would you pay a ticket for running a stop sign on an intersection with no sign? No way Jose. I'll see you in court. They want these bull $hit MPA, cough up the cash and make the effort to move the markers.
Closed Thread