Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 10:34 AM   #41
cabojohn
PROBATION

I'm all for BS & secrecy!

lol

Love all the smileys...but this is my all time favorite -
Old 02-20-2007, 10:37 AM   #42
lamb

Chefstefano...

Thanks for putting us back down to the ground!

We're looking forward to seeing you back on the water in spring.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:44 AM   #43
Arne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Chicken View Post
Love all the smileys...but this is my all time favorite -
mine too
Old 02-20-2007, 11:13 AM   #44
metalbob
King of Constipation

So guys? what is the preffered ettiqette while fishing LJ,i mean Distance wise from other yakers etc... can i hail someone if i need help ?etc...

I just wanna have a good time and not piss anyone off in the process while being respectfull of their areas.

thanks

METALBOB
Old 02-20-2007, 11:23 AM   #45
Corey

Chefstefano, I'm looking forward to fishng with you again soon, man. Take care, and I'll see you out there.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:45 PM   #46
Iceman
Administrator

Here's Steve

http://thelog.com/news/newsview.asp?c=205639

Thanks for the great photo Steve, The offer to assist in getting you out on the water was sincere. Take me up on it!

Old 02-20-2007, 01:16 PM   #47
madscientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbob View Post
So guys? what is the preffered ettiqette while fishing LJ,i mean Distance wise from other yakers etc... can i hail someone if i need help ?etc...

I just wanna have a good time and not piss anyone off in the process while being respectfull of their areas.

thanks

METALBOB
Distance wise I like double iron flinging range, meaning that if we both throw iron at each other our lines should not cross. Certainly never within iron range if it can be avoided. If you want to paddle up to someone you don't know to talk, I think it's nice if you make sure you don't have lines out.

I don't mind if friends I know well fish closer, because I know they will know what to do if either of us hooks up. Besides, Pat loves pluncking irons 3ft off my stern if I'm drifting in range of him.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:33 PM   #48
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

To paddle up next to someone to talk:

pull your lines in so as not to tangle, or
If you are both paddling/trolling, Both your lines should be trailing each other. Pull up parallel to them either facing the same direction or facing the other way.

If they are drifting, note which was the drift is, and pull up and on downwind side of them so you don't cross their lines.

If I am sitting close to someone, and they hookup I either pull my lines in tight and get out a camera, or paddle away. If they did tangle with my lines, I would cut/give slack to my lines to give them a shot at a fish.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:26 PM   #49
dorado50

Sounds to me that a few of you guys think of yourselves as the ones who wrote the book! Always assuming aren't we, If a person is close to you then its automatic he does'nt know what to do in case of your hook-up ?? Come on man , some of us have many,many years of fishing experience in all different types of platforms. We are not GODS but fisherman.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:06 PM   #50
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
...Come on man , some of us have many,many years of fishing experience...
And some don't... If it's not directed at you then don't take offense to it. There are a ton of people out there who have no idea or common sense regarding things like this.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:26 PM   #51
screaming reel
Banned

Send a message via AIM to screaming reel
Hey, did any of you yakers, notice how awsome a day it was on saturday. The sunrise was incredible. The seas were flat, the sun was warm, and the fishing was good. I got mine, and I believe it was right by brad after he got his duce. I don't think I could have hit him with an iron but next time I will try. Good talking to you at the pier Adi, and thanks for posting the pics, I was going anyway though.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:27 PM   #52
screaming reel
Banned

Send a message via AIM to screaming reel
and just because i have only 4 posts does'nt mean I am new to this sport!
Old 02-20-2007, 03:38 PM   #53
madscientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
Sounds to me that a few of you guys think of yourselves as the ones who wrote the book! Always assuming aren't we, If a person is close to you then its automatic he does'nt know what to do in case of your hook-up ?? Come on man , some of us have many,many years of fishing experience in all different types of platforms. We are not GODS but fisherman.

Chill out, if you know what you're doing then none of this is aimed at you. Someone asked a question about distance and etiquette and we are providing our two cents. And yes, I always assume someone near me may not know what to do, because if you assume the opposite you may have a problem at the worst time. I lost a fish in a tournament because a guy wasn't paying attention as I was towed towards him. Ended up with his line around my neck.

You know, this board is getting really whiny lately. If you post information, people take offense. If you don't post information, people take offense. It's a fricken internet forum, fer kriz sakes. Stop complaining and go fishing.

Or we could have a 60 post thread about the merits of C&R calico fishing, just for old time's sake.lollollol
Old 02-20-2007, 09:33 PM   #54
tattuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post

You know, this board is getting really whiny lately. If you post information, people take offense. If you don't post information, people take offense. It's a fricken internet forum, fer kriz sakes. Stop complaining and go fishing.
AMEN!
Old 02-21-2007, 02:01 AM   #55
'Cuda

You guys might want to rethink this new junior member-senior member ranking thing.....I think it's already created some jealousy.
Remember your first few paddles out on your new kayak, the sun rising, a big broad smile on your face when a float and a few small Cali's were enough?....the Zen. We all get a little wound up but take a few deep breaths and smell the seaweed.
See ya in Mexico.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:31 AM   #56
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
You guys might want to rethink this new junior member-senior member ranking thing.....I think it's already created some jealousy.
It looks like we have it set according to the number of posts, probably less than 10 is Jr, then member and senior at 100+
Old 02-21-2007, 06:46 AM   #57
Zed
BANNED

Maybe "Massive Member" for the biggest di[khead?

I've definitely got Member Envy, though. Ha.

Z
Old 02-21-2007, 07:23 AM   #58
cabojohn
PROBATION

I think its called "Poster Baiting"? eh.
Anything to raise yer post count...so one can get off the porch & run with the big dogs.lol

Guilty as charged.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:10 AM   #59
dorado50

Funny, now I'm the bad guy for responding to . what I percieved to be , a couple of complaints made in the eariler posts!! Time to move on..lol
Old 02-21-2007, 09:46 AM   #60
kenishere

respect

Respect to all of the regular posters here. I dont get out much, but when i do, i always try to follow as much of the etiquette as possible to max out the experiece and KARMA, this site rocks!!!
rolling in the surf is a speciality enjoyed more by the onlookers
Closed Thread