Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 08-31-2018, 10:29 PM   #1
Flounder

LJ Favors the Bold 8.31.18

Today was one of those days where I simply couldn't not go. Calico/cuda bite is off crazy, bonito are back in #'s boats are flocking to the yellows. Made a late start after BSing with peeps & looking at the surf, a failed attempt or 3, and broken rod holstered in another. Launched around 7 punched out easy enough with timing and even got some great air and huge drop over one. Bait hahaha yeah right. Nothing willing to stop running for its life long enough for a sabiki snack. Stuck casting for the day. Ended with a good # of calicos and cuda while searching for a willing yt participant. Finally at 12ish one small guy found his way into my kayak and called it a day. Saw a lot of peeps hooked up in my travels, if you braved the swells today you most likely had a great day.

Last edited by Flounder; 08-31-2018 at 10:48 PM.
Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:42 AM   #2
kirkdavis

Great report

You get an A- for short story. Pics would have bumped it up. Looks like the surf is still up today. I'm bummed because it will probably be 3 weeks before I can go out again...Hopefully the bite will last.
kirkdavis is offline   Reply With Quote