Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2017, 09:06 AM   #1
Tac.Fish0313

Bait literally ripped off,....Seal's???

Hey everybody, can somebody describe the characteristics of getting your live/ or frozen bait stolen by a LJ seal. I managed to hit the water this past Saturday, overall making bait seemed to be kind of rough, I was able to catch some small 10”-13” bonitos on my sabiki rig about four times. What I kept noticing in both trying to make bait and being rigged up on my Avet to catch yellows was I would get an aggressive tug as if I had a major bite. Then tug would get even more aggressive as if it were diving for the ocean floor and then after about a few minutes (2-3) fighting with whatever’s on the other end, the violent “rod parabolizing” tug would abruptly stop and either my bait would be gone or it would still be still attached to my leader swimming around as if that heavy engagement never happened. I thought maybe I’m getting snagged by a kelp vine but then again, what was pulling my line straight down??? I had just bought some Mustad live bait hooks the Friday before and I don’t think I’m hitting anything that’s spitting out my hooks so, if someone recognizes these occurrences like this, than this will confirm my baits being ripped off the hook by the local dogs in the area. :dontk now:
Tac.Fish0313 is offline   Reply With Quote