Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2009, 08:49 AM   #1
-scallywag-
Banned

South LJ - 11/17 - 11/18

I had the flu and stayed home from work the last couple days. The surf was small, i didn't have my truck and i just couldn't sit around the house all day looking at my kayak, poles and the windless sunny skys...so i made the trek down the hill to tourmo and launched there.

day one: sunny and 70, clear skies and water, no wind, light current water temp is still 62-63. I paddled strait out to the SW corner only stopping for bait which was easy to make...but only spanish in the 40-60ft kelp.
Lotsa deep bait action to the north a little in the 100-120' areas outside the kelp fished the iron for hrs with only one beefy bonita a sandbass and a couple cuda chasers. On the way in a got a bigger calico on a flylined mac.

Day two:i surfed early cause there where actually waves. I saw my buddy launching his yak while i was surfing so i ran home to get my junk... I launched at 11 as the tide was dropping, but there was still decent surf to deal with (not like launching at the pond). Same conditions as the day before. Got some bait real quick and caught up with him....shortly after i catch up to him one of his flylined spanish goes off and he reels in a short WSB!! anyway fished the rest of the day for some more boneys....i'll be bummed when they close it down (although they won't enforce it).
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote