Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #21
BT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishsouthcounty View Post

Seeing as how i am new to this, I was just curious what everyones opinions are on which boat they think is the best all around to outfit for fishing??
It is all personal preference. I am a bigger guy so I like the stability of my x-factor. Good thing about these sales is that you get a yak for dirt cheap, and if you dont like it, you can sell it for close to what you paid for it. I also like the stealth with the bait tank in between your legs, and the side storage. If I wasnt on a tight leash right now, I would pick one up just to have the enjoyment of rigging one up and trying it out.

If you get a chance, try to test paddle one before saturday. If not, it is still money well spent if youa re looking to get a new yak at a less than used price.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #22
Lets_Fish

fishsouthcounty, like BT said if you can demo (call Andy @ OEX 562-592-0800 9am-6pm) to try a Malibu out. If your looking for a fish type yak, check out the X-Factor, Extreme, Pro Explorer, X-13 and the Stealths (9, 12 or 14).

Here is the Malibu web site: http://www.malibukayaks.com/
Lets_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:33 PM   #23
fishsouthcounty

thanks for all the info guys...i donno if ill have the time to get out and try anything as i work all week up till the sale. Im thinkin i might go for the stealth 12 as it ill be transporting it in the bed of my ranger pickup. Little shorter then the rest, and comes with the bait tank. Just have to get it wired and shit. when it all really comes down to it ill mostly be looking for anything wtih all hatches already in place. Worst thing happens i dont dig it i turn around and probably sell it for a profit and start the search over. Apparently UP sports in DP is doing their annual sale as well.

Anyone ever been to their sale and have any input on it? its so much closer for me just wondering if it would be worth staying local and going there. Gonna stop by and see if i can squeeze any info out of them tomorrow.

Once again, thanks everyone for the input.
fishsouthcounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:25 AM   #24
Iceman
Administrator

Stealth 12 and 14, we will have 5 of each, they will have all hatches and rod holders. I am putting together pump kits with everything but the batteries for $100. You can install it yourself or bring it by for me to install for free with 24 hour turn around. If you drop it by after the sale on Saturday, I will do my best to get it ready for pick up Sunday (I wont get to the store until about 4PM). No doubt these will all sell and likely in the first hour, so be in line before 9!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:20 AM   #25
Politi-Cal
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Stealth 12 and 14, we will have 5 of each, they will have all hatches and rod holders. I am putting together pump kits with everything but the batteries for $100. You can install it yourself or bring it by for me to install for free with 24 hour turn around. If you drop it by after the sale on Saturday, I will do my best to get it ready for pick up Sunday (I wont get to the store until about 4PM). No doubt these will all sell and likely in the first hour, so be in line before 9!
This is exactly what I did at the last sale. I got the 14 and had the pump kit installed a few weeks ago. You will not be disappointed!! If it was anything like last time the stealth kayaks will be long gone if you are not in the front of the line so get there EARLY!
Politi-Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #26
BT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishsouthcounty View Post
thanks for all the info guys...i donno if ill have the time to get out and try anything as i work all week up till the sale. Im thinkin i might go for the stealth 12 as it ill be transporting it in the bed of my ranger pickup. Little shorter then the rest, and comes with the bait tank. Just have to get it wired and shit. when it all really comes down to it ill mostly be looking for anything wtih all hatches already in place. Worst thing happens i dont dig it i turn around and probably sell it for a profit and start the search over. Apparently UP sports in DP is doing their annual sale as well.

Anyone ever been to their sale and have any input on it? its so much closer for me just wondering if it would be worth staying local and going there. Gonna stop by and see if i can squeeze any info out of them tomorrow.

Once again, thanks everyone for the input.
If you are worried about the length, OEX also has a truck bed extender. If you have a hitch on the back of your truck you can just stick in the hitch and it extends off of your bumper to support the yak. Thats what I use for my X-Factor and it works great.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:42 AM   #27
fishsouthcounty

well looks like ill be gettin up there nice and early. Iceman...is that offer good for any of the OEX stores? Or just for the one you work at? In that case, which one do you work at?

Is it worth using the bait well for its intended purpose?? or would people suggest installing a rear tank well Bait tank and using the center hatch bait tank on the stealth as a basic storage hull??
fishsouthcounty is offline   Reply With Quote