Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2010, 07:11 PM   #1
deepdvr

Segaur Premier Floro

Recently picked up some and wondering if anyone has any feedback on it. Haven't caught a fish with it yet (another problem in itself) but it seems alot thinner and more flexible than standard Segaur or Blackwater floro. I hope the smaller diameter doesn't equal less strength.
deepdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
T Bone

flouro is rated much closer to its actual breaking strength than mono is.I have used the premier and actually landed a 30# wahoo on a 55# tuna leader at Alijos with the stuff so I say its a go.Circle hook in the corner of the scissors didnt hurt either

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:23 PM   #3
Mr GreenJeans

I found it wasn't as abrasion resistant. That was at the Ridge last October on a 7-day. Switching to a circle hooked helped, but even still I lost a couple more tuna. That was fishing for school-sized tuna on 30# fluoro. So when I got back I decided to switch back to Seaguar regular. That was my experience, take it for what it's worth.
Mr GreenJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:45 PM   #4
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepdvr View Post
Recently picked up some and wondering if anyone has any feedback on it. Haven't caught a fish with it yet (another problem in itself) but it seems alot thinner and more flexible than standard Segaur or Blackwater floro. I hope the smaller diameter doesn't equal less strength.
I have used Seagar line for leaders and love it. I would spool up with that, however I usually use braid or Mono a the main line.
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
bigbarrels

I liked using the Seaguar 30 # fluorcarbon leader until this last time out. I had three hook ups and 3 break off mid leader. Not sure if I caught 3 makos in a row (doubt it), the line is old (bought either 2 months ago, or 1.5 years ago), bad batch of line, or I simply have no skills I have been using this line for a couple years and haven't had these issues. Any idea how long fluorocarbon last?
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:10 PM   #6
GregAndrew

I have been using the Japanese Seaguar for about 6 months now and am very happy with my results. I am using 25# and am hard pressed to break it when snagged. It does fray up after a couple nicer Halibut, but I don't know of any line that doesn't.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:27 PM   #7
bubblehide

As for me, same a Greg, the Jap line. I use it on my yak, sport boats and long range. Just remember to change it out every now and then. I use it in top-shots of varying lengths tied to spectra, so it's no problem to to change, and those short top-shots are pretty cheap.
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:14 AM   #8
larryp7639
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarrels View Post
I liked using the Seaguar 30 # fluorcarbon leader until this last time out. I had three hook ups and 3 break off mid leader. Not sure if I caught 3 makos in a row (doubt it), the line is old (bought either 2 months ago, or 1.5 years ago), bad batch of line, or I simply have no skills I have been using this line for a couple years and haven't had these issues. Any idea how long fluorocarbon last?
ME TOO

Old 06-30-2010, 07:07 AM   #9
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepdvr View Post
I have a small spool of this in 20# and 25# and both work wonderfully. I have not had any issues other than bad knots and that's my issue not the line. Needless to say my knots are better now.
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote