Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2010, 04:13 PM   #1
ake1904
Junior

kayak question

I went out to Lj for the first time in a friends boat had a blast caught a 12 lb 32in Lingcod and some nice calico. So now I want to go more often I've got a tarpon 100 my question is that to small of a yak to try LJ is it not a smart idea been fishing from a Kayak for 1 year in the bays and lakes . Thanks in advance for the help.
ake1904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
pistolsd14
Junior

re: kayak question

I have been out to La Jolla in my mini-x so I don't see why your kayak is too small.
pistolsd14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:10 AM   #3
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ake1904 View Post
I went out to Lj for the first time in a friends boat had a blast caught a 12 lb 32in Lingcod and some nice calico. So now I want to go more often I've got a tarpon 100 my question is that to small of a yak to try LJ is it not a smart idea been fishing from a Kayak for 1 year in the bays and lakes . Thanks in advance for the help.
I've read many posts where people are out there in Mini X, Cobra Exploreres, and other Kayaks about the same size. If you have never surf launched before I would go take some trial runs launching and landing before you go all the way out.
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
Siebler

The 100 is fine to go out there but it is not going to be as efficient as a boat 12+ feet in length. This means that you are going to work a lot harder to get where your going, especially if the wind or current is strong.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote