Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2006, 07:27 AM   #1
dorado50

Lots of bait but no Fish !!

La Jolla shores , Sat 23rd and Sun 24th I worked very hard for fish this weekend but came up empty, except for the bonito. Sat I went to the point, inshore and offshore, found the dogs but no yellows. Sunday I headed north and searched around near shore and off shore, got wacked a couple of times but no stickers, must have been small bonito. Headed back to the point, in front of condo ,and no action. Did anyone catch fish this weekend?
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:08 AM   #2
Mike K.

Same here. Beautiful morning Saturday with glassy seas and blue sky and a building swell. Bait was easy and I went EVERYWHERE. Major paddle with no fish. Did see a big group of pacific white side dolphins outside the preserve over the canyon.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:30 PM   #3
Iceman
Administrator

The trend seemed to continue. Fished Monday AM. Big dines and small greenbacks north of the pier. Rounding the reserve a pair of whales came up in front of me, must want to get a good spot down south. A few baits were chewed and spit, dog got a couple and one stupid cor-moron. The surface iron produced a couple calicos, throwing at the endless sheets of bait. About 10, the wave of bait coming through got pummeled by macs, calicos and big bonito. One of mine was probably 10 pounds and I saw some pushing through the micro baits with their backs and tops of their tails out of the water that looked bigger than 10#s. Did not hear of any yellows, winds were less than forecast at around 5 kts all morning. Sun came out around 10. Pretty weak current. Just a lull, somethings gotta pop!
Old 09-25-2006, 07:15 PM   #4
Dan

Similar Monday report for me, minus the big boners. Chased a bunch of bird piles, but I couldn't quite get under them....
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:16 AM   #5
kareem korn

I know

The fish are waiting for this Saturday to show themselves .
kareem korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:45 AM   #6
Aaron&Julie

Concur with you all. Our report is from Sunday. We tried 'buts North of the pier early, yellows down south later. Came up empty on both accounts. Not used to that with all the good fishing the last few months. We must be spoiled .
Old 09-26-2006, 08:37 PM   #7
Brett D.

I saw a report of a 35 pound Tail landed in 12 feet of water by Ron Baker on his boat. I guess there are still a few around.
Brett D. is offline   Reply With Quote