Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
madncrzydm

noob... oside harbor

We launched from the beach inside the harbor on base and paddled out into the oside harbor, there was a boat with a bunch of kids on it partying playing music really loud. We were hoopnetting and decied not to take out any poles. We hoopnetted for about 4 hours or so and didnt catch anyhting but a bunch of kelp and small crabs. It is my 2nd time hoopnetting the oside harbor and the first time we got 5 legals in 2 hours last night nothing. The water was completely glass even paddled out past the breakwater and it looked like glass out it was a beautifull night, Well after the partying kids left. There was bait all over and jumping all around us wish I would have brought a rod and reel....always next time
Old 01-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
Dirty Curti

Are you saying that you netted 5 legal lobster in the harbor???

Damn, I've fished the harbor my whole life and never heard of anyone catching lobster in the harbor.

Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
madncrzydm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Curti View Post

Damn, I've fished the harbor my whole life and never heard of anyone catching lobster in the harbor.
yes ive netted from the breakwater and caught lobster and the last time i took my kayak out we caught 8 total but only 5 legals in just under 2 hours
Old 01-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #4
JarrodMc

I've only pulled one legal there in 4 trips. You must be doing something right! Or wrong and maybe that's what's working!
JarrodMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #5
madncrzydm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrodMc View Post
I've only pulled one legal there in 4 trips. You must be doing something right! Or wrong and maybe that's what's working!
Im using the promar rigid nets with my homemade bait tubes made out of pvc they are over a foot long with 3 inch pvc I can stuff alot of bait in those things and the bait lasts 2-3 trips. Ive also done decent off of the pier. Not great by any means but ive pulled some legals from the oside pier
Old 01-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #6
JarrodMc

That's like what i'm doing too. Hey good job on the catch.
JarrodMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #7
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Curti View Post

I hooped oside and got quite a few. From the same hole everytime.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #8
madncrzydm

Yea it seems that is like one spot im continually catching them in and now that i have a fish finder and i can actually tell what im putting my nets down on im hoping to do a little better. I was tired of dropping the nets blind.