Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2011, 06:29 AM   #21
Jimmyz123

Very Nice!

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:17 AM   #22
Regor
Greg

Nice fish and great video !
Regor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #23
ratdog

Tommy, congrats on the nice WSB.
ratdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:47 AM   #24
Limits
Kayak Fanatic

Thanks for the all the positive comments gang. I've been replaying the sequence of events in my head since then. What a rush....

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy01 View Post
congrats on the WSB i remember that revo very well, brought me lots quality fish while i own it. now you have her, hope she gets you the fish of a life time. see you on the water... i am itching to go fishing
I was wondering where you went. You disappeared off the board where I bought your yak.

Those marks you told me were "scratches" turned out to be cracks in the hull by the pedal drive lockdown screws. But you probably knew that because it looks like you attempted to repair it before dumping it off on me. Yeah, my fault for not taking it for a spin or for failing to test the fishfinder, which didn't work.

Luckily, I had a pump with me when it started to take on water....

Tim at Dana Point Jet Ski talked to the guys at Hobie, and I got hooked up with a then brand new, 2009 Revo hull for no charge. The only thing that is from the yak you sold me is the tank and the pedal drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radastaff View Post
cant believe we didnt bump into each other out there
way to go Tommy

didnt see any bendos this mornin

nor any hollars
i bet u kept it quiet
else i woulda came over and poached
as the rest of the fleet prob too

and sorry to the dude i trolled thru while regaining my drift
i forgot to reel that baitless hook i had out
Actually Paul, when I sunk the gaff in him (he was definitely a boy from all the spooge he released), I let out a primal scream. Let's just say, the fleet was too spread out to hear me.

Some probably couldn't hear me over that private boater that was blasting Lady Gaga and Christina Aguilera. Very annoying....

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Nice!

were you able to make that many squirts or did you just buy them from a light boat?
Made our own bait. No need to buy from a boat unless you're fishing the grey. Its nearly impossible to make squirts from a yak in complete darkness.

I was on the water by 5:30 and we had bait in the hold by 6ish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratdog View Post
Tommy, congrats on the nice WSB.
Thanks John! Sorry I didn't hit you up before heading down. It was a game time decision. I was debating between going north or making the long trek south.

I didn't request the day off until late Thursday night.

Next time for sure...
Old 06-27-2011, 01:04 PM   #25
ratdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limits View Post
Thanks for the all the positive comments gang. I've been replaying the sequence of events in my head since then. What a rush....

I was wondering where you went. You disappeared off the board where I bought your yak.

Those marks you told me were "scratches" turned out to be cracks in the hull by the pedal drive lockdown screws. But you probably knew that because it looks like you attempted to repair it before dumping it off on me. Yeah, my fault for not taking it for a spin or for failing to test the fishfinder, which didn't work.

Luckily, I had a pump with me when it started to take on water....

Tim at Dana Point Jet Ski talked to the guys at Hobie, and I got hooked up with a then brand new, 2009 Revo hull for no charge. The only thing that is from the yak you sold me is the tank and the pedal drive.

Actually Paul, when I sunk the gaff in him (he was definitely a boy from all the spooge he released), I let out a primal scream. Let's just say, the fleet was too spread out to hear me.

Some probably couldn't hear me over that private boater that was blasting Lady Gaga and Christina Aguilera. Very annoying....

Made our own bait. No need to buy from a boat unless you're fishing the grey. Its nearly impossible to make squirts from a yak in complete darkness.

I was on the water by 5:30 and we had bait in the hold by 6ish.

Thanks John! Sorry I didn't hit you up before heading down. It was a game time decision. I was debating between going north or making the long trek south.

I didn't request the day off until late Thursday night.

Next time for sure...
NP Tommy, I fly by the seat of my pants everyday! Fishing is normally "OK" lets try tomoorow morning. See ya out there. Check you PM
ratdog is offline   Reply With Quote