Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2014, 08:44 AM   #1
todd one

I loaded my rods and gear in the car, drove down to the bay to realize I never loaded the kayak on the car.
todd one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:01 AM   #2
dmrides

Once forgot the mirage drive for my revo and once forgot the seat for the PA.

But my best bonehead moment so far was to drop down a heavily weighted carolina rig mac and then start paddling without engaging the clicker. About 20 minutes later I look at my reel and see that I have about 10 or 20 yards of line left on the spool. I start reeling in the line and start to feel some tension. Reel in a little more and for a while I think I am snagged on a rock. Then the rock starts moving. Got more and more line back, but couldn't figure out what kind of fish I had; there were no tail kicks or head shakes. Maybe a shark? Anyway, finally get it to color. It was a foul hooked 36# yeller! The hook was right between the two pelvic fins and had just about torn through the skin. Go figure.
dmrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #3
Squid Vicious
plastic navey squid

...a few weeks back I had put in a long day bass fishing the kelp at D P...plastics my weapon of choice...had a good limit and called it a day....end of oct I underwent a full left knee replacement...so my leg really stiffens up after a long day...back at the ramp dismounting..in a foot of water I put my left leg out of the yak to dismount...stand up and drag my right leg across the yak while leaning on the paddle...the water surges as I'm doing it and then splash all of me completely in the water...had a great audience because dismounting takes me a long while....walk of shame all the way to my truck !...ALANW knows this day....I met him at the kelp beds that afternoon
Malibu Mini X F & D "anchovie "
Squid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:09 PM   #4
ChristLike
Catch and Release(#2)

Hahahahaha. I remember my dad saying Boy if your head wasn't attached to your neck, you would forget it or leave it somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd one View Post
I loaded my rods and gear in the car, drove down to the bay to realize I never loaded the kayak on the car.
Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Caddiyak PA14
ChristLike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #5
janines.fishtales@cox.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristLike View Post
Hahahahaha. I remember my dad saying Boy if your head wasn't attached to your neck, you would forget it or leave it somewhere
Oh you...

j
Old 04-02-2014, 02:30 PM   #6
todd one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristLike View Post
Luckily, I only lived 10 minutes from the bay at the time.
todd one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:49 AM   #7
wade

We went to Point Loma the other day to hang out with one of my good buddies & test out his ten buck Ghost Shrimp gun special from Squidco.
It worked great!..

My bare foot on some razors almost slicing off my toe right under the knuckle fold splitting it like a grape...not so much..

wade is offline   Reply With Quote