Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
Caden
Homeless will fish 4 food

LJ sunday 9-4-11

Hello any1! I have been kayaking for 3 years,been to LJ 1 but since that day i donate to the ocean my trinadad 20 and 30, and for 3 year i have never come back to LJ yet but i recently bought a malibu kayak and join BWE. I want to head out LJ this sunday to see if i could catch any of that or to push on my kayak list. If anyone is willing to take me and my buddy under their wing, or just let us tag along and see what to do, I'd really appreciate it.w

Thanks,
Chau
we will launching out around 4 or 5am
Caden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:22 AM   #2
Kailolo

Nice to meet you

Nice to meet you guys yesterday.
Hope you landed safely. Waves were a bit bigger later in the afternoon. I came in about 1:30. I got no hits on the troll--not even a sea dog steal. Saw no boils and no crashing birds, unlike last weekend. Saw one other yakker lose a YT.
Tim
Kailolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #3
Caden

Nice to meet u too, sir. Thanks for the help yesterday. Even though we didn't catch the fish we wanted, we still had a blast. When we landed, it was pretty cool. Saw a guy, think his screen name was Freediver, he caught a YT.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #4
Kailolo

One Trick

One trick I mentioned to your friend is that I cut 6-hook sabiki rigs into two parts and add line at the cut ends and add a weight or swivle as needed. Now I got two 3-hook sabikis! Easier to deal with 3 hooks instead of 6 when bringing the macks on board.
Hope you guys come down for the Moyer tourney and BBQ.
Kailolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:53 PM   #5
Rambo

Thanks for the tips Kailolo, It was my first time in La Jolla with Caden and another one of our buddies. We didn't go home skunk though, I caught 2 nice size rock cod for dinner nothing to brag about. Other than that, I think we had a blast riding the surf.
Attached Images

Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #6
Caden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailolo View Post
One trick I mentioned to your friend is that I cut 6-hook sabiki rigs into two parts and add line at the cut ends and add a weight or swivle as needed. Now I got two 3-hook sabikis! Easier to deal with 3 hooks instead of 6 when bringing the macks on board.
Hope you guys come down for the Moyer tourney and BBQ.
Hi Tim! dont think we gonna make it to Moyer tourney and BBQ have to work,btw if u go good luck out there sir and have a fun tourney hope to see u soon
Chau

Homeless, will fish YT for food