Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 07-09-2006, 02:56 AM   #1
'Cuda

Late Pt. Dume report

7/5 & 7/7. Wednesday I launched at the end of Westward parking lot by the climbing wall. The maintenance crew opens the gate at around 5:30. I wasn't expecting much as has been the case the last 18 months around here but was pleasantly surprised by a wide open calico/sandbass bite around the partially submerged rocks off the main point. The calico were feeding on the surface with some jumping out of the water. After an hour of that I paddled out and started a zig-zag bottom drift working my way towards the bouy hoping to duplicate the 35lb. halibut I caught there in Nov. '05. Pesky sandabs wouldn't leave my Gulp minnow alone so I just left the little f'ers on recalling a story of a huge 'but caught up north with one and I did get raked by something and thought I had him on for a few reels only to find a mauled 'dab on retrieval.
Friday was much slower...made a few greenbacks and drug those around por nada...picked up a couple small Vermillions off the canyon edge at 185 ft. but a lot of work.
It's starting to show potential...it could be a come-back summer for us LA bayers.
'Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote