Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2015, 11:48 AM   #1
Phikayaks
Junior

Thumbs up

Hey man great catch!!! Im new to this forum, and kayaking still trying to get the hang of this community. Was wondering where did u launch from, cause I've tried once and failed miserably to the point that im scarred from launching in carlsbad ha ha. How far out did you go, and how did u make bait? If its okay for me asking. Thanks in advance for helping out the noob. Definitely a nice catch! didn't know they were in carlsbad.
Phikayaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:18 PM   #2
chris138
donkey roper

Thanks! Solid report, and nice sized fish. YT everywhere!
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:22 PM   #3
Dirty Curti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phikayaks View Post
Hey man great catch!!! Im new to this forum, and kayaking still trying to get the hang of this community. Was wondering where did u launch from, cause I've tried once and failed miserably to the point that im scarred from launching in carlsbad ha ha. How far out did you go, and how did u make bait? If its okay for me asking. Thanks in advance for helping out the noob. Definitely a nice catch! didn't know they were in carlsbad.
They are definitely out there. Last month, when I caught the first one there was only 1 maybe 2 kayaks out there. A couple of weeks ago I noticed a few more yakers out there. Yesterday I thought I was in La Jolla but looked at the beach and saw the big concrete power building so I know I was in Carlsbad but there must have been a dozen kayakers out there. The word is out. There are fish in Carlsbad.

I launch from right in front of the building wherever it looks the flatest. If there is surf that day I will not go out. Ankle slappers are okay.

We make bait all along the kelp line using a sibiki. Once we are loaded up then head out anywhere between a 1/4 mile to a couple of miles.

Just pin one on, send it back and hope for the best, that's what I do.

Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:09 PM   #4
GBCbad

Another productive outing Curtis....nice work. You are starting to make it look too easy.....
GBCbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:35 PM   #5
surfisher

That was a good morning, despite being heavily waked by all the skiffs and getting skunked! See you out there again!
surfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:27 PM   #6
Rav3n805

Nice haul! Very fishy out...
Rav3n805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:56 PM   #7
Socalkayak
Junior

Nice catch. I know global warming is bad. But the fish seem to like it.
Socalkayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:17 PM   #8
FISH11

Congrats on the Yellow duo!
Old 08-25-2015, 07:32 PM   #9
Phikayaks
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Curti View Post
They are definitely out there. Last month, when I caught the first one there was only 1 maybe 2 kayaks out there. A couple of weeks ago I noticed a few more yakers out there. Yesterday I thought I was in La Jolla but looked at the beach and saw the big concrete power building so I know I was in Carlsbad but there must have been a dozen kayakers out there. The word is out. There are fish in Carlsbad.

I launch from right in front of the building wherever it looks the flatest. If there is surf that day I will not go out. Ankle slappers are okay.

We make bait all along the kelp line using a sibiki. Once we are loaded up then head out anywhere between a 1/4 mile to a couple of miles.

Just pin one on, send it back and hope for the best, that's what I do.
Hey thanks for the tip and help, ill probably try out carlsbad soon!
Phikayaks is offline   Reply With Quote