Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
daveyjoans
Junior

Wanted, used kayak for fishing.

I'm looking for my first kayak. It will be transported on the top of my lance camper, so I want something in the 11 foot range and not real heavy. Maybe a cobra explorer, or a ocean kayak prowler trident 11. All i need is rod holders, paddle, seat, no bait tank or any other extras. Any help on what to get will be great. Thank you , Dave.
daveyjoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
AndSan
Rookie, not wookie

just a thought

here is this i found on BloodyDecks.com.. just a thought hope it helps
http://www.bloodydecks.com/classifie...ct/13872/cat/4
goodluck with the search
-drew
AndSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:06 AM   #3
daveyjoans
Junior

Thanks for that link. I checked it out and I think it's a good deal, but not what i'm looking for. It will be a month or so before I head to Baja on vacation, so i'll keep on looking. I'm an avid fisherman but very new to kayaking. I would like something bigger, but its going on top of a f350 4x4, lance camper combo and i'm concerned about how hard it will be to load, unload. Any suggestions on loading a Yak on something like this?
daveyjoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:47 PM   #4
tacmik

My 1st yak was a cobra explorer. At 11 ft long and 45 lbs. It sounds like the right size for what you want. Loved mine. Also for it's size, it has a great weight capacity and handles nice. tacmik
tacmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:13 PM   #5
Bill Brown Jr.
Junior

I have a Lance 861 on a GMC 2500. I have no problem loading my Hobie Revolution onto the Thule bars. The key is setting the bow up on the ladder and pivoting it onto the rack. Just be mindful of the awning.

The Revolution only weighs about 63 pounds. Just about any 11' yak should do you just fine whether a Trident, Fish & Dive or Hobie Mirage.

Good Luck.
Bill Brown Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote