Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2014, 09:56 AM   #1
Reelist

Oh What a Feeling!

I was fishing the NW corner of the Jewel in my 3 month old PA 14 with greenbacks in the livewell; oh what a feeling. I thought to myself "the beginning of a great day on the water," oh what a feeling. It was early am and not a worry in my head, oh what a feeling. But, all that changed when my steering line broke. In an instant I was DIW; oh what a feeling. Thank goodness for the five or 6 rubber bands in my tackle box, and with the help of a friend, we were able to rig the rubber bands to the steering quadrant (acting like a centering spring). Once again I had (acceptable) steering and was able to bring the PA in without having to use the paddles; oh what a feeling. Now she (my PA) sits at idle in my garage awaiting repair. My thoughts are replacing the factory nylon line with stainless-steel-teflon-coated cable. Your thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated. Mike
Reelist is offline   Reply With Quote