Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2017, 07:11 PM   #1
beef78
Large Member

Transplant checking in

I got my start on this forum when I started getting serious about kayak fishing. I moved to the east coast when the navy sent me to Groton, CT. I got out of the navy this year and ended up getting a job out here and cementing roots for a few more years out here. My dream is still to move back to Southern California, but there’s a slim chance of that because I work in a very niche profession and my line of work is highly endangered out there.
The fishing out here is great during the summer (it’s 12 degrees outside right now) and sometimes during the winter.
If any of you make it out to New England, please look up the New England Kayak Fishing Forum. It is a great forum and there are plenty of people from this great kayak fishing community who are willing to help out traveling yakers.
I also recommend that if you have the opportunity to safety kayak at night, I reccomend you try it. There’s no rush quite like it.
Please enjoy this video of some highlights from this year. It’s a taste of what New England has to offer. Even though, they aren’t yellow tail, striped bass are pretty fun.
https://youtu.be/qpa0FlkIXLw
Old 12-27-2017, 02:18 PM   #2
beef78
Large Member

This is another video of oan annual tournament held in Massachusetts that contains my best night of fishing as well as some monster fish from some of the guys I fished with that night. Biggest fish pictures are at the end. Enjoy!
https://youtu.be/YTd_w9xgI0M
Old 12-27-2017, 06:38 PM   #3
Ggiannig89

The east coast has a pretty cool fishery. Getting into those monster stripers has got to be a blast. If only it was easier to travel and take time off work.
Ggiannig89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 07:21 PM   #4
YTHunter
Carlisle

Best post I've seen in a while. Thanks for sharing.
YTHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 06:17 PM   #5
beef78
Large Member

I love the fishing out here. Definitely a destination fishery when the striper are in town.
Thanks for the complement!