Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #1
'Cuda

Wow.....great.....you gotta put them in a bucket of water for 24hrs so they can purge themselves of sand....then just cook 'em up...doesn't matter how...you can't mess up such delicious sea fare.
'Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
Aaron&Julie

Thanks, everyone, for the advice and links.
After research was done, my clams didn't want to open up in fresh water as suggested by some, and because of that didn't filter the cornmeal. Next time, I'll heed some other advice and take back a bucket of saltwater where I caught them from.
They were still fairly easy to clean, especially once I cut the abductor muscles.
Not to brag, but using a combination of chowder recipes, I made the best chowder I've ever had, including some pretty good chowders up in Monterey.
I also cooked up some fried clams too, that were very good, just not as good as I remember back in the 70's at the Redondo Wharf, at the fish market where I got them from. They called them Eastern Fried Clams, and came with cocktail sauce, they were AWESOME (better than cleaning up after an alpaca).