Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2015, 05:30 PM   #1
danielson
Junior

la jolla 8/26/15

On the water by 730am, started making bait around 8ish. Lots of activity on the surface of the water near the edge of the reserve. Bait was hit or miss along the kelp edge. I ended up with 2 green backs and about 7 spanish and decided it was time to start heading to deeper water.

Lost the first green back shortly after starting to troll. Next up i decided to try a spanish mac, hooked up a good size fish and lost it. Lost another spanish this time to a sea lion. At this point im near the corner of the kelp and decided to start heading out towards these boats in deeper water. Got about quarter of a mile out when i hooked up on a green back in about 120ft of water. My first tuna from the kayak.

a little confused about if its a bluefin or yellowfin any help determining the difference between them would be great.
Attached Images

danielson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
la jolla, tuna