Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #1
FISHIONADO

Two die after being pulled from La Jolla surf

Saw both of these folks on the sand getting CPR this morning. Very sorry to hear they both died. RIP

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...La-Jolla-surf/

BY DEBBI BAKER, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED DECEMBER 20, 2009 AT 12:32 P.M., UPDATED DECEMBER 20, 2009 AT 5:53 P.M.

LA JOLLA — Two people died after being pulled out of the water off La Jolla Sunday morning in back-to-back unrelated rescues, authorities said.

In the first incident about 9 a.m., husband and wife divers had just gotten into the water off La Jolla Shores Beach and were in the surf break not far offshore when for unknown reasons she became unconscious, San Diego Lifeguard Lt. Andy Lerum said.

Lifeguards who had just come on duty saw the man struggling to keep his wife afloat and helped him bring her ashore. Rescuers performed CPR on her and she was rushed to a hospital. Lerum said he did not know what caused the woman to lose consciousness.

She later died at the hospital, authorities said.

In the second incident, which was reported about three minutes after the first, a stand up paddle boarder noticed a man floating face down in the water near La Jolla Cove in an area called the Devil’s Slide.

He was clad only in pants and had no identification on him, Lerum said.

Although the man showed no significant signs of life, rescuers performed advanced life support on him and he was also taken to a hospital, where he died, authorities said.

Lerum said he did not know how the man got into the water nor for how long he had been in it.

Both victims appeared to be in their 50s, Lerum said. The identities will not be made public until their families are notified about the deaths.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
j mo

I saw that too- I was hoping for a better ending
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:32 PM   #3
NextBite

thats sad man

god bless to their families
Old 12-20-2009, 06:41 PM   #4
Matt
Support your local pangas

My thoughts and best wishes go to the families of the unfortunate people who passed, I'm sorry for their losses, please everyone take e tra precautions and always watch out for one another!
Old 12-20-2009, 07:38 PM   #5
fishinkid2010

That was really unfortunate to see. I was really praying for a better outcome.
fishinkid2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:26 PM   #6
lambadmin
Spam Sanitation Dept

sad indeed.

RIP