Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
THE CALI HOOKUP!
Junior

I HAVE 2 QUESTIONS WHERE CAN I GET A KAYATANK AND WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT AVET REELS

i WANT TO GET THE KAYATANK FOR MY OCEAN BIG GAME I CANT TAKE WE DONT MAKE THEM NO MORE FOR A ANSWER I KNOW THEIRS SOMEBODY OUT THEIR THAT KNOWS HOW TO MAKE THEM AND INSTALL THEM
THE CALI HOOKUP! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:20 PM   #2
Gino

avets = good

Kayatank - OEX does them. They will do it right, or make it right.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:18 PM   #3
steveooo

Avets = Good on a boat, Bad on a Yak

I have a few avets. They last 2-3 trips on the yak b4 they are too gummed up to use on the yak. Great reels for boat trips, but too finniky for my taste if you are really using them on the yak. I know there are a few tutorials on how to self-service them, but I havent had the best of luck with them. Haven't seen a bill for less than $100 when I send hem in to Avet for service. I'm sure other have a different experience.

For the Kayatank, go see Andy @ OEX, or any other OEX shop. I'm sure they will hook you up. Let the pro's do the install, so there is no doubt on the H2O.
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:54 AM   #4
WahooUSMA

I have avets and they are outstanding! As far as the Kayatank - take everyones advice on this thread and have the pro's at OEX install. I tried the install process myself on a previous yak, and I had nothing but leakage and timer switch issues/problems. Finally, OEX SD fixed the FUBAR. Without OEX's assistance, I would have Sheeet canned my yak all together.

BEAT NAVY - Maybe next year!
WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:12 AM   #5
fishfoo
Junior

BE CAREFUL THE PROS AREN'T THAT GOOD
HAD THEM DO WORK, AND THEY DID VERY BAD
GAVE THEM THE CHANCE TO DO RIGHT TWICE,
TO NO ADVIL. HAVE PICS TO BACKUP STATEMENT
BETTER OFF DOING A LITTLE READING AND DOING IT
YOUR SELF, YOU'LL BE MUCH BETTER OFF AND WITH OUT THE
HEADACHES
GOOD LUCK
fishfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
steveooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfoo View Post
TO NO ADVIL.
Why Advil? You have a headache? Maybe its from shouting so much.
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:04 AM   #7
stairman

I built a basit tank out of some plywood that had the pump so it was just hanging off the side once i got though the waves...no problems at all as long as the batttery was charged.bait pump tank and hardware 40$ or less.If the tank developes a leak so what.Mine holds twenty macks and keeps them alive.
stairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #8
OEX
Administrator

Sorry guys, Kayatanks are no longer in production. The cost of the insurance alone for that system outweighed total sales last year! Not to mention the time/labor/materials, we end up losing money. The only internal bait tank on the market now is the one built into the Malibu Stealth 12 and 14. We've come up with this system to fill the void, but it is not an internal tank.

Fishfoo, I don't know who you are or what the problem was, but it smells fishier than my kayatank. Welcome to the site.
619 866-6129
OEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:58 AM   #9
speedydk

Send a message via Yahoo to speedydk
Sorry to hear about the kayatanks love the one Andy put in my x13 !!!
Darren
speedydk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:00 PM   #10
fishfoo
Junior

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/2009_03_02/IMG_1775.JPG[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/2009_03_02/IMG_1771.JPG[/IMG]
fishfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:09 PM   #11
Billy V

I like the Avet JX Magic Cast on my jig sticks.
As long as you don't dunk them in the surf they are great, this means removing the reel before a surf landing (just incase)

It only takes a few minutes, but will save you a lot of grief.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:27 PM   #12
Gino

Larry, I use a 5 gallon bucket with a Gamma Lid, and i put the intake through the scupper hole. It prime son its own easily I just have to turn the pump on. It cuts down on a ton of drag that an over the edge pump would have.

I put the inflow at the bottom of the bucket so that the water rises from the bottom. It also creates a wirlpool effect inside the bucket. When i turn the pump of becuase the intake is on the bottom, it drains the tank slowly back out of the pump.

the gamma lid has a rop teather to the bucket, and i have 2 eye pads on eitherside to attach clips for fastening the bucket down.

I run my tank on a 6 and 12 volt batteries, i never have bait die. It cost me total 60 bucks includign the pump to make.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote