Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2009, 04:07 PM   #21
NextBite

welcome
Old 12-30-2009, 06:34 PM   #22
GregAndrew

Next to safety equipment, the most important thing you can do whether fishing the bay or the surf is tie down, leash down, strap down or leave in the car anything you really don't want to lose. And until you are comfortable with your yak, figure out a way that you can keep all your stuff attached even while using it.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:23 PM   #23
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Bentrod, I am flattered that your think my blabbering is worth including in your book. Please feel free to use whatever you think may be worthy.

When you publish your guide, I would love to read it.

While you are in a writing mood, you might take a stab at a more advanced guide as well. I mention this because a relative, knowing that I am in to kayak fishing, gave me a book for Xmas this year. It was titled something like the "The Complete Guide to Kayak Fishing". The book was OK but it focused on East Coast and lake fishing and seemed really dated to me even though it was published very recently.

If someone wanted to write a book on kayak fishing as we do it here, it should be really easy. Virtually all the research is already done. Just read the archives from this forum.

Many of the folks who contribute to this forum are very articulate and, of course, extremely knowledgeable. Most share their expertise freely. I suspect that almost everyone would love to contribute to a book that covered coastal kayak fishing from fruit to nuts.

The more I think about it, this is a book that needs to be written. Maybe I should do it. If I did, I would invite contributions from the entire community. I can see it now. The gospel according to Billy V. A lesson from Jim Day, The best from the Darkhorse.

What do you think?

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #24
dorado50

I think this would be the greatest thing to happen since sliced bread! Oh wait, i just googled kayak fishing and your book would be number 146, Oh well I'm sure it would be a great read anyway......any probably one that you just can't put down.

Last edited by dorado50; 12-30-2009 at 09:10 PM.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #25
ericko

Bob or Bentrod go for it i'll be the first to buy the book but dont ask 4 my in put my grammer and spelling sucks
ericko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:22 PM   #26
bentrod1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericko View Post
Bob or Bentrod go for it i'll be the first to buy the book but dont ask 4 my in put my grammer and spelling sucks
I'm leaving the book to Bob until I take a ride along side The Darkhorse and find out where LJ is -LOL.

As for grammar and spelling - spell check usially wirks for me. I do wish there were grammar check though.
bentrod1 is offline   Reply With Quote