Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 09-18-2017, 01:01 AM   #1
lopro
Junior

Long Beach 9.15.17

Another grab bag in the Bay. No legal bass but I landed about 20 fish including 2 nice croakers. Water was 63-65
https://youtu.be/DqkGkBLP72I

Last edited by lopro; 09-18-2017 at 08:58 AM. Reason: bad link
lopro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:08 AM   #2
oredith
Junior

here's a working link. I think the above one was for your personal link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqkGkBLP72I

after seeing people hooking fish right off the south shore launch ramp, I towed my wife and I around it for a bit yesterday, and she landed her first fish on the yak. it wasn't a keeper, but she was still excited..
oredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:52 AM   #3
lopro
Junior

Thanks man! Changed

Last edited by lopro; 09-18-2017 at 08:58 AM. Reason: adding info
Old 09-18-2017, 08:56 AM   #4
oredith
Junior

what kind of lure were you using? we basically went everywhere you went in the video, but sunday midday (11am ~3pm). timing wasn't good, so that could account for the lack of hits. I actually landed the catch, but gave it to my wife to reel it in.

hoping to get better hit rate so that she can get "hooked" and be more willing to head out with me..
oredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:29 PM   #5
lopro
Junior

I was throwing a 1/4oz ball head jig with light wire hooks and a 3.25inch misslebait shockwave. In bluegill and a chartreuse color. Takes forever to hit the bottom but I work it back slow. Pop it up a few times right when it hits bottom. A little scent helps them come back for that second bite. Using 7# line keeps it looking natural. Any time the winds are up I find water thats blocked by the wind and cast my lure around the wind break. Good luck out there.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:42 PM   #6
jbl_91762

Quote:
Originally Posted by oredith View Post
what kind of lure were you using? we basically went everywhere you went in the video, but sunday midday (11am ~3pm). timing wasn't good, so that could account for the lack of hits. I actually landed the catch, but gave it to my wife to reel it in.

hoping to get better hit rate so that she can get "hooked" and be more willing to head out with me..
I was out for the 1st time from Mother's Beach on water by 6am off by 12 and bite was good early morning and died after 11 so made my way back fishing 1 island then tried bait barge for a few strikes there. That was a long ass peddle for me lol. Not used to going so far as NPH is much easier.
jbl_91762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:13 AM   #7
fourtogo

Fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopro View Post
I was throwing a 1/4oz ball head jig with light wire hooks and a 3.25inch misslebait shockwave. In bluegill and a chartreuse color. Takes forever to hit the bottom but I work it back slow. Pop it up a few times right when it hits bottom. A little scent helps them come back for that second bite. Using 7# line keeps it looking natural. Any time the winds are up I find water thats blocked by the wind and cast my lure around the wind break. Good luck out there.
Nice meet you guys today, Camo Outback .
fourtogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:44 AM   #8
lopro
Junior

That was my buddy and his lil bro. They caught a bunch of sub-legal halis around the hotels.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:10 PM   #9
fourtogo

LBC

Yeah it was on slow side . I caught the rack of fish though , Calicos Sandies Mack lizard fish . And very nice size sculpin boy are they ugly and beautiful bright freaking red looks like dinosaurs . Oil island shore boats kick huge wakes out . IF you out there pay attention to those guys . They only have one speed Full and Stop .
fourtogo is offline   Reply With Quote