Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2016, 11:35 AM   #1
maquinapescado

Elite-4 potential stupid question

Anyone have a faster way to input coordinates that I want to save on Elite-4??

I was wondering if I could download them on to a SD card and load them. Also, I'm just curious how many coordinates it will save without an SD and if I can transfer the ones I have on there already to an SD so I don't have to do this all over again when I upgrade.

Not looking forward to manually toggling and loading a ton of coordinates on the FF.

Thanks-Brian
Old 01-04-2016, 12:22 PM   #2
ful-rac
Emperor

Wow...for someone who has an absolutely incredible fishing resume'....your still trying to figure out this GPS stuff?

To answer your question, yes... you can. Make sure you gps files are in the correct format (GPX) and you should have no problem importing them to your fishfinder, my fishfinder...hell EVERYONE'S fish finder!!!!
Old 01-04-2016, 12:43 PM   #3
maquinapescado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Wow...for someone who has an absolutely incredible fishing resume'....your still trying to figure out this GPS stuff?

To answer your question, yes... you can. Make sure you gps files are in the correct format (GPX) and you should have no problem importing them to your fishfinder, my fishfinder...hell EVERYONE'S fish finder!!!!
I've never thought about adding four pages front and back of college rule coordinates into a FF before and you won't find me writing programs any time soon; not exactly a tech wizard here. I'll be a big boy though and not fire back at you with a snide remark.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:58 PM   #4
maquinapescado

Quote:

I also am not sure you fully understood my question and or I didn't ask it correctly. I know how to upload maps.

I have a shit ton of hand written way points for random spots all over SoCal I want to put in my waypoints library without manually entering them.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:46 PM   #5
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
I also am not sure you fully understood my question and or I didn't ask it correctly. I know how to upload maps.

I have a shit ton of hand written way points for random spots all over SoCal I want to put in my waypoints library without manually entering them.
I understand just fine, excuse me....here let me change it to...

To answer your question, yes... you can. Make sure your gps waypoints are in the correct format (GPX) and you should have no problem importing them to your fishfinder, my fishfinder...hell EVERYONE'S fish finder!!!!

Use mapping software if you have it, and if you don't use Google earth.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:10 PM   #6
maquinapescado

Quote:
I understand just fine, excuse me....here let me change it to...

To answer your question, yes... you can. Make sure your gps waypoints are in the correct format (GPX) and you should have no problem importing them to your fishfinder, my fishfinder...hell EVERYONE'S fish finder!!!!

Use mapping software if you have it, and if you don't use Google earth.
No, I guess you don't understand. My hard fought for GPS coordinates are not saved in GPX format because they are written down on PAPER! If I don't own the fishfinder I can't mark/save/download waypoints from the device, upload them and convert it using something like GPSbable.org. If I just had a file from a Garmin or whatever I can use the aforementioned site. Again, I know how to do that. What I don't know how to do is take hand written coordinates that I have logged for years, put them on my computer, convert them to GPX and then I can do the rest to put them on my FF.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:55 PM   #7
momo fish

This is becoming more entertaining than useful... 👻.. Come on I need answers also!!!

A white guy and a Korean walk into a bar..... 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:11 PM   #8
igotpron
Xcoastie

I'm sure you can just post images of your coordinates, and someone would be willing to convert them for you.

Last edited by igotpron; 01-04-2016 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Can't spell.
igotpron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:22 PM   #9
DanaPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post
This is becoming more entertaining than useful... 👻.. Come on I need answers also!!!

Yeah this said note book of hand written GPS locations should be provided for further review. Maybe then I could chime in.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:34 PM   #10
Murray

Some of you guys are just too darn funny.
Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 05:08 PM   #11
Hunters Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post

You'd think one of them would have seen it
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:20 PM   #12
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
No, I guess you don't understand. My hard fought for GPS coordinates are not saved in GPX format because they are written down on PAPER! If I don't own the fishfinder I can't mark/save/download waypoints from the device, upload them and convert it using something like GPSbable.org. If I just had a file from a Garmin or whatever I can use the aforementioned site. Again, I know how to do that. What I don't know how to do is take hand written coordinates that I have logged for years, put them on my computer, convert them to GPX and then I can do the rest to put them on my FF.

Ok like I said I understand just fine, I know what you want to do.

Here is what you do.

Click on the google earth icon on your desktop. Click the yellow pin on the top, it will open up a window and you can input your coordinates. Input your coordinates now. Then the next one...yess...yesss. your getting the hang of it now! Finish inputing all of your magic guaranteed WSB, Yellowtail, tuna and halibut coordinates. Save file to your computer. Upload file to a Gps converter, convert files to GPX. Save file to computer, save file to card, put card back in Fishfinder Unit, Turn fishfinder on, select import files from card....Boom your done! Now wasnt' that easy?
Old 01-04-2016, 06:34 PM   #13
svendawg

Try This

I believe it can be done using software called Humminbird PC.
It a free program used to view waypoints from a Humminbird fish finder.
Once you have it installed, open up a new folder and then under the file menu open New, then, new waypoint.
Put your waypoints in there and name your waypoints as you like.
They are GPX file format
svendawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:41 PM   #14
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Be glad you don't have them saved on a floppy! Although the responses would've been much more entertaining.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:02 PM   #15
Murray

Quote:
Ok like I said I understand just fine, I know what you want to do.

Here is what you do.

Click on the google earth icon on your desktop. Click the yellow pin on the top, it will open up a window and you can input your coordinates. Input your coordinates now. Then the next one...yess...yesss. your getting the hang of it now! Finish inputing all of your magic guaranteed WSB, Yellowtail, tuna and halibut coordinates. Save file to your computer. Upload file to a Gps converter, convert files to GPX. Save file to computer, save file to card, put card back in Fishfinder Unit, Turn fishfinder on, select import files from card....Boom your done! Now wasnt' that easy?
Sounds easy enough to me. Now, what key do I hit for all of this stuff to happen automatically. By the way, what is a waypoint? Ha!
Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:06 PM   #16
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray View Post
Sounds easy enough to me. Now, what key do I hit for all of this stuff to happen automatically. By the way, what is a waypoint? Ha!

If your having difficulty with this, please contact your nearest 10 year old Asian kid, he or she will take care of it for you. Jim might be able to help you but he's not 10 years old he just looks like it..
Old 01-04-2016, 07:25 PM   #17
surfisher

Hey man, there is an app for that. Literally. If you have an iPhone look up 'camscanner'. I believe that will scan your coordinates (or whatever you want) like a scanner, and then it will convert the information to a word document. If it's not camscanner it is another scanning app in the app store. Just browse the features, I remember seeing it when I had to scan a release for a photo. Then from there I am sure you can input them in the format that Ful-Rac was talking about. Hopefully that helps you out.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:42 AM   #18
Rambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotpron View Post
I'm sure you can just post images of your coordinates, and someone would be willing to convert them for you.
Send me an email with the pictures attach, I'll convert them for you!
Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:35 PM   #19
tacmik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray View Post
After all is imputed, the key you want to hit is delete.