Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2016, 06:56 PM   #1
iethinker

Old Yak + New FF ??

OK...so I was wondering if you can still do the old glue the transducer to the hull trick with the newer lowrance fishfinders (IE Elite-4 Chirp or other recent variations)? My old Elite-4 head and cable/connector are both dead now and I need to replace. I would get another Elite-4 if I could find one still in the box for a reasonable price. Or, should I just go for a new version. I'm not going to do a scupper or over the side mount. I just want simplicity and functionality for my pre-lowrance hobie outback.

Thanks in advance for any advice
Matt
iethinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:29 PM   #2
surfisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by iethinker View Post
OK...so I was wondering if you can still do the old glue the transducer to the hull trick with the newer lowrance fishfinders (IE Elite-4 Chirp or other recent variations)? My old Elite-4 head and cable/connector are both dead now and I need to replace. I would get another Elite-4 if I could find one still in the box for a reasonable price. Or, should I just go for a new version. I'm not going to do a scupper or over the side mount. I just want simplicity and functionality for my pre-lowrance hobie outback.

Thanks in advance for any advice
Matt
I used Electric Duct Seal, buy it at Home Depot for like 5$. Never once had a problem with it, no glueing necessary and easily removable. Never saw a difference in how the FF read.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:37 PM   #3
tacmik

x2. You can then move it or remove it with no problem. Also don't have to worry about getting bubbles.