Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 10-21-2017, 01:48 AM   #21
CR Yaker

I've used the 11, 13, sport, AI and TI. Currently have the Sport, 11 and TI.

For salt water out front, TI all the way, it can handle just about anything mother nature will throw at you down here. Can be outfitted for long distance fishing excursions and camping. Modified with a Honda 2.3. Limited to small, mid size surf launch/land. Motor gives it an edge in this tricky maneuver.

For quick trips, rough surf and fresh water, the 11. Love it, it's just the right size to manhandle, just a little wider than the 13, not much. For a bigger guy, I'm 5'11", 165lbs, I would definitely go with the 13 over the 11. If I didn't have the TI and needed one kayak for out front, the 13 would be my choice.

And now the Sport, this kayak is a treat for fresh water. Easy to manhandle and haul in the back of my Honda Civic. Love how I can reach from the seat the front and back of this kayak. Like the Outback, it is a little wider and sits a little higher in the water, which is great for colder water. Unfortunately this kayak is not made for anyone over my size without being cramped in the cockpit for pedaling. Also this kayak, like the Outback, does not cut thru the water as nice as the 11 or 13. But I love it for most scenarios on Minnesota fresh water.

The compass looks nice, like the clean look, less is often more. Unfortunately, until Hobie makes this lighter than a Sport, I'll never get one. If you we're to have only one kayak, out front, this would definitely put up a challenge to the 13, especially if your a bigger guy and if it cuts thru the water like the 13.

Mark

Last edited by CR Yaker; 10-21-2017 at 01:59 AM.
CR Yaker is offline   Reply With Quote