Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2016, 11:49 AM   #1
fishnfoool

LJ lack of reports

Launched around 730 after helping a fellow yaker get to shore safely after his yak flooded with water. Bait was easy. At least a dozen kayaks and probably same amount of private boats. Everyone was getting bit and plenty landed, except for me. Lots of yellowtail out there. I recommend everyone go fishing at LJ if you get a chance. Plenty of yellowtail out there. Fish deep around 80-100 feet just Northwest of condo.
fishnfoool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:32 PM   #2
SmokinBass

Gracias. Will be trying to get out there Tuesday!
SmokinBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:38 PM   #3
HobieOneCanoebe

Dang I know where I'm not going that yellowtail report from the charter boat got leaked like Kate Upton.
HobieOneCanoebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:21 PM   #4
fishnfoool

charter boat?

What charter boat?
Old 07-15-2016, 01:23 PM   #5
HobieOneCanoebe

the one that pulled in well over 100 yellowtail from La Jolla on wednesday
Old 07-15-2016, 01:27 PM   #6
fishnfoool

Now I know what to look for. Thank you.
Old 07-15-2016, 01:47 PM   #7
driftwood

Wow!! sound like a huge party you don't want to miss off La Jolla this weekend. I might go just to watch the fights between the boaters and kayakers. sounds like fun to me!

Don't forget to bring your tow missiles to even the odds with the boaters.

Last edited by driftwood; 07-15-2016 at 01:52 PM.
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 02:27 PM   #8
Greg Macker
Junior

The action was really good out at La Jolla today. I got skunked, and I'm bitter, so I am going recommend everyone go fishing at LJ if you get a chance. Plenty of yellowtail out there. Fish deep around 80-100 feet just Northwest of condo. Howz that?
Greg Macker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 02:32 PM   #9
Dannowar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Macker View Post
The action was really good out at La Jolla today. I got skunked, and I'm bitter, so I am going recommend everyone go fishing at LJ if you get a chance. Plenty of yellowtail out there. Fish deep around 80-100 feet just Northwest of condo. Howz that?
i hooked 4 in an hour the other day....released 3......
Old 07-15-2016, 02:34 PM   #10
fishnfoool

that's funny

Well Greg,if you know who I am then you wouldn't say that. I catch more than enough fish. I just want to share info with the community and help them out. I am sorry if I am giving the SECRET of la Jolla away.I was taught at an early age to share good news. I thought I was doing that. Now I know I should not post timely reports like 90% of the members on this site.

Last edited by fishnfoool; 07-15-2016 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:36 PM   #11
HobieOneCanoebe

hahah you guys just made my 8 hour shift a bit more exciting. Fish on, theres nothing you can do about la jollas crowd once a charter reports a good day. Thanks for sharing
Old 07-15-2016, 02:40 PM   #12
TJones

Wide open

Yesterdays news . A day late , and a dollar short . If you were not there , it did not happen . No pics = bs . Come tomorrow with every PB gunning every kayaker down and sawing them off , no thanks . Gotta work . A few fish might get caught on the third day after the initial bite . I was wondering why Lj has been so quiet for the last few months , maybe because I have not been out there making my own report . Tight lines everyone. FNF , please next time just send me a private message . . Whilst everyone is crowding up on The Jewel , I think i will do something different. Like rake Jorge's "Honey Hole". Possibly "PM" one of the New Recruits and tune up my game for The BU.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 02:42 PM   #13
fishnfoool

party boat

The new seaforth had nothing to do with it. I just wanted to give an honest and helpful report to those that did not know. This is what the fishing reports section is about. Right? We are helpful and nice human beings aren't we?
Old 07-15-2016, 02:45 PM   #14
TJones

Much Props

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannowar View Post
i hooked 4 in an hour the other day....released 3......
May they come back to you and fight another day. Possibly as a 40 Lb Knot head. Now I am beginning to release the importance of Not Posting. And possibly keeping a slight amount of pressure off THE JEWEL.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 02:49 PM   #15
fishnfoool

public apology

I apologize to Greg for the bad word I called him in one of my previous posts. I was angry, I truly did not mean it. It was wrong of me. My posts truly are intended to help people who do not know.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:28 PM   #16
driftwood

To post or not to post timely wide open bites is a choice we all have and need to respect. I'm not sure if posting a wide open bite right before the weekend is such a good idea for fellow kayakers. How does that help our fellow kayakers who have such a small part of the ocean they can fish in? For some, the weekends are the only days they have to fish. Why create an unpleasant weekend crowd for them? Just something to consider and digest.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:53 PM   #17
Pocoloco

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnfoool View Post
The new seaforth had nothing to do with it. I just wanted to give an honest and helpful report to those that did not know. This is what the fishing reports section is about. Right? We are helpful and nice human beings aren't we?
Yes we are. Timely reports are needed from this website. Hell you still got to go out and fish and battle with the party boats
keep em coming
Pocoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:02 PM   #18
pingpangdang

BWE drama as usual. Bloodydecks reports has posted about those numbers with pics of 10" rats its no secret to the pbs...this is not the only social media fishing report site. Sdfish, bloodydecks, facebook groups, number of people on the beach who see the tails at the lz or pbs anchored...if anything this post will prevent some folks from going. You can catch fish on any day hot or not same goes for skunk. There will always be boaters out there and you will never regulate what they post. What you think is a secret is false reality...it's summer the beach is jam packed and the same for water activities and the crowds have been there for years. Party boats do a drive by nearly everyday and yes they post catches. Goodluck bitching at them guys just trying to make a living.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
pingpangdang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:39 PM   #19
Zed
BANNED

Any day now the 1st LJ bluefin report will come out...
Old 07-15-2016, 06:58 PM   #20
jorluivil

Wait a gosh darn minute................no one ever told me there was YT at La Jolla

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote