Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 09-29-2018, 12:02 PM   #1
Aquaholix
Addicted2Water

Encinitas Great White Shark Attack/Kayak Lobster Hunters Save 13 Year Old Boys Life

http://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoor...-injuries.html

Stay safe out there everybody!

Today was such an amazingly beautiful freedive for me & my dive bud... To think this was probably the worst day of this kids life all at the same time not too far north of me... Nuts. Our prayers go out to this kid & the 2 pilots who I heard just crashed into eachother at the air show... Prayers to all. God Bless!
Old 09-29-2018, 01:39 PM   #2
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaholix View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoor...-injuries.html

Stay safe out there everybody!

Today was such an amazingly beautiful freedive for me & my dive bud... To think this was probably the worst day of this kids life all at the same time not too far north of me... Nuts. Our prayers go out to this kid & the 2 pilots who I heard just crashed into eachother at the air show... Prayers to all. God Bless!
MANY years ago when Childrens beach was in La Jolla and they were talking about turning it over to the CUTE seals they were told. YES they were warned that it would bring APEX predators into our local beaches. Back then the whites had no reason to stop here. Now of course they do, so instead of swimming around San Diego they STOP to feed. IT WILL NOT get better until YEARS after they chase the seals away. For our taxmen have LEARNED there are always seals here. To unlearn that takes years for two generations of sharks to NOT find food here. THANK YOU SEAL LADY. Your LEGACY will live for generations. RANT OVER.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 07:39 PM   #3
tacmik

Wake up call. Just goes to remind us that we are the invasive species and it is up to us to beware of our surroundings. The one thing that I noticed was that no report said it was a great white. Could be one of a number of different sharks in our local waters.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:04 PM   #4
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacmik View Post
Wake up call. Just goes to remind us that we are the invasive species and it is up to us to beware of our surroundings. The one thing that I noticed was that no report said it was a great white. Could be one of a number of different sharks in our local waters.
They did say about 11 footer so maybe a White or a Mako.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 08:49 PM   #5
Aquaholix
Addicted2Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacmik View Post
The first responders in the water said they saw the shark behind em & thought it was a white... How many Mako attacks have you heard about without a speared fish involved...? Im thinkin white shark. No one will ever know.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:57 AM   #6
DanaPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaholix View Post
The first responders in the water said they saw the shark behind em & thought it was a white... How many Mako attacks have you heard about without a speared fish involved...? Im thinkin white shark. No one will ever know.
Haven't you seen jaws? Some shark expert knows the teeth /bite patterns. Probably left a few broken teeth stuck in bones as evidence. Hope this kid pulls through.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 01:03 PM   #7
wwkf

Good news! Full recovery is expected.
wwkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 01:50 PM   #8
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

There was a spotting of a GW couple days before. Heard Life Flight and sirens early in the morning, then helicopters all day.

They had yaks out there, so that's what saved him, local kid. That and the rescuers were very well trained, great job.

Beaches are empty, went by Beacons yesterday and today, only thing in the water was a LG on a jetski cruising up and down the coast, slow, searching no doubt, news vans still there, nobody in the water from Beacons, Grandview, to Pontos...to make things interesting, surf is supposed to be up in the next couple days.

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher

Last edited by Tman; 09-30-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote