Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
Jim Sammons LJKF

Some Moyer Memorial Reminders

So the tournament is this Saturday September 11th and I want to remind you all of a few things.

The deadline for on-line entry is this Thursday night, after that you will have to pay at the event and the cost is $60 per person.

120 entries so far, still lagging a bit, but we usually get a lot of last minute entries and walk ups.
At this point we have less than half of your entry/waver forms. PLEASE get these in to me before the tournament. It really slows down the check in procedure if you have to fill it out when you get there.
Real simple to do.
Go to this link

http://lajollakayakfishingadventures.com/pdf/tournament2010rulesAndEntry.pdf

Print it
Fill it out
scan and email

IF you are entering the day of the tournament or have not sent it in to me please at least have it printed and filled out so we don't have to do it that morning.>

The Weigh-in and BBQ is at Kate Sessions Park here are different routes you can take from the shores to get there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...08569&t=h&z=13

OR

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...t=h&z=13&via=1

Please give yourself plenty of time to get there by the weigh-in deadline.

We will have a raffle and a lot of incredible auction items including an OK Trident 15 and Chargers and Padres autographed memorabilia so bring your $$$$$$$.

This event is for a good cause, with all proceeds going to help the American Cancer Society and our friend Joel Lotilla who is battling cancer at this time. So please help out how ever you can.Yes this is a competition but it is also a fun event and the fun is more important.

We have a lot of great sponsor and will be paying down the top five positions. With first place getting $1000 from Maui Jim.

Don't forget the Dash for Cash which will pay $5 from every entry to the first person back to Kate Sessions Park with a fish of 10 pounds or larger. At this point that is $600.00

Each entrant will get a captains bag with some swag from our great sponsors including one of the new AWESOME event T-shirts. You will get this bag when you sign in on the beach the morning of the event. (everyone must check in with us before launching).
IF you are a walk up at the event you will pick up your shirt at the weigh-in. Those that register in advance will have first opportunity to get the correct shirt size. We did order extra shirts and should have plenty for sale at the weigh-in for those that would like a second shirt. No extra shirt sales at the check in.

Families are welcome at the event but if you would like them to have lunch with us the cost is $5 per person. There will be a wrist band in your captains bag which is your lunch ticket.

Thanks again to all of you that have entered we look forward to seeing you there.
JimSammons.com

Last edited by Jim Sammons LJKF; 09-07-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #2
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Hey Jim,

You have probably covered all of this somewhere but I did not get the memo.

Will you be providing any adult or any other kinds of beverages at the BBQ or is it BYO refreshments?

If someone wants to bring a guest to the BBQ, is that possible? Will there be a charge? If so, how much? (Oops. Strike this question. I just read your post again in which you clearly state the cost is $5 a head.)

You mentioned something in a previous post about some bait being available on the water. This is probably a dumb question but how will we find the bait guy?

Thanks for all your efforts helping to put this event together. Lets hope the weather and more importantly the fish cooperate to make it the best one yet.

Bob

Last edited by dsafety; 09-06-2010 at 05:17 PM.
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:09 PM   #3
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
13. This is a shot gun start so NO LAUNCHING Prior to 6:00 am or after 7:00
geez, I planned to take my gratus 'dine and win it before 6am......this changes things

who's making breakfast?
Old 09-06-2010, 07:03 PM   #4
lamb

nice summary Jim. Can't wait.

Yeah, Masta's breakfast ritual. Lets do it.

I'm in, bringing in some pastry.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Party boat sammiches...

Can we get some breakfast party boat sammiches delivered to pre-launch?

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
467echo
Rookie of the Month Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post

You mentioned something in a previous post about some bait being available on the water. This is probably a dumb question but how will we find the bait guy?

Bob
Just cruise by me Bob, I'll hook you up with some frozen chovies at a discounted rate.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #7
HOBIE SHAQ1
Junior

Hey guys I'm down to bring in some pastries to the launch. I just have to find the closes pastry shop closes to launch any pointers?
Old 09-07-2010, 05:44 AM   #8
Regor
Greg

Anyone know if there's a 24 hr Roberto's (or any breakfast burrito shop) nearby to the Shores.
Regor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:46 AM   #9
Jim Sammons LJKF

Depending on the surf size, the bait boats are generally stationed just outside the surf line.
And no we will not be providing adult beverages, too much liability there for us.
JimSammons.com

Last edited by Jim Sammons LJKF; 09-07-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:29 AM   #10
sdfisher

BYOBeverages .... fortunately for us the organizers of this event picked a park where alcohol is permitted
sdfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:11 AM   #11
Jim Sammons LJKF

A couple more things.

Please leave us space to set up the sign in table in front of the wood rail/fence.

You don't need to hear your name called and respond for the On the water drawing. We will have the prizes with your name attached up at the weigh in. The drawing will be announced over channel 71.

If you are not sure if your vehicle can make it across the sand, don't try. No one wants to dig you out if you get stuck.

It will be high tide at 11:30. When you land there won't be a ton of beach to work with. Please get your kayak and gear off the beach ASAP to ensure everyone has room to get their gear. Plenty of time to stand around and chat up at the weigh in. It may be best to use your wheels rather than driving onto the beach as it could be a mess on the sand.

If you have not fished La Jolla before, remember that you must get past the yellow reserve buoys before you begin fishing. IF you are not sure, ask someone.

We will have a lot of kayaks on the water, with people with varying degrees of experience, please look out for each other. Remember this is a fun event ment to bring this community together.
JimSammons.com
Old 09-08-2010, 10:39 AM   #12
sandydiego
Rum Pirate

I feel like it's almost christmas. This is my first time in a fishing tournament and am looking forward to having some fun with the group here. Everyone I have met has been really great. Thanks 467Echo for getting me back in the water! Been too long.

Last edited by sandydiego; 09-08-2010 at 10:57 AM.
sandydiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #13
mtnbykr2

I was planning on making this tourney but as my luck would have it, got the day at work, I hope everyone has a great time and lots of fishys...
thanks for the info Jim, and all the hard work...we gotta get out again...b

everybody have fun...
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #14
Vikingj

Parking? I'm planning to arrive 4:45-5:00. Will the shores beach parking lot be open? Any other options? Thanks
Vikingj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:10 PM   #15
deepdvr

Should be tons of street parking available
deepdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:53 PM   #16
h2ofishfo

bring your beach wheels fools also dash for cash does that include boneys,bass & cudas for the misc. catch bracket
h2ofishfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:50 PM   #17
old_rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOBIE SHAQ1 View Post
Hey guys I'm down to bring in some pastries to the launch. I just have to find the closes pastry shop closes to launch any pointers?
There is LJ Shores market on La Playa. I see there is a cheese shop there too. I also remember getting breakfast at a shop at the corner of La Playa and LJ Shores Dr.
old_rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:44 AM   #18
Jim Sammons LJKF

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2ofishfo View Post
bring your beach wheels fools also dash for cash does that include boneys,bass & cudas for the misc. catch bracket
The dash for cash is for the first fish 10 pounds and over. NO BASS
There is no misc catch bracket this year.
JimSammons.com
Old 09-10-2010, 08:02 AM   #19
Jim Sammons LJKF

Pre registration is done and we have 135 people signed up for the event. We will still take walk ups but the cost is $60.

Pre Registered entrants will pick up their captains bags, which includes the event shirt, at the check in before fishing.
Walk ups will get their shirts and bags at the weigh-in.
This is to ensure the people that took the time to pre register have the first shot at the bags and proper sized shirts.

Once again I ask that if you have not already done so please print the waver, fill it out and bring it with you.
http://lajollakayakfishingadventures.com/pdf/tournament2010rulesAndEntry.pdf

Go print it right now, fill it out and put it in your car so no excuses for forgetting it.

See you all tomorrow
JimSammons.com
Old 09-10-2010, 08:29 AM   #20
steveooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sammons LJKF View Post
The dash for cash is for the first fish 10 pounds and over. NO BASS
There is no misc catch bracket this year.

Just for clarification- The only fish that would not qualify for this is a bass? How 'bout bat rays? Leopards? Sea Slugs?
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote