Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
the dude

Hobie Livewell

I bought this livewell from someone that only used it a couple times. I've never used it. It's in perfect condition and has the 2 extra rod holders. Asking $225. I live in Valley Center and work in Oceanside, send a PM or call if interested. 760-749-5024

Old 06-12-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

looks like the one lets fish was selling a few weeks ago for $200 .

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=10358

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:45 PM   #3
the dude

it's not, but they are the same color. Weird huh?
Old 06-12-2011, 09:39 PM   #4
tagyak

changes from the old to new tank

hey i checked out the new hobie tanks and their quality does not seem as good as the previous model. the hatch cover for the battery tray seems like a cheaper plastic less rigid and also the lettering on the cover is smaller and less precise, seemed more bleeding on the screen print. the tank itself is more of greenish color than beige too. the battery switch is no longer brass or chrome metal knob; it is a plastic chrome knob along with the shaft of the pull. whiched used to be brass.
these are some nit picking things but i was a little surprised that hobie approved of these changes and still charge more for the tanks. so in the end i would prefer a older model of the bait tank then the newer one. fyi
tagyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #5
Lets_Fish

Appears to be OLD style tank!

By the looks of it in the pic, this appears to be the "OLD" style tank not the new one (based upon the size of the charger). New tanks come with a slimline charger, not the old wide model as shown.

As for what tagyak mentioned, yes the new tanks have a plastic switch (both on the the shaft & knob; not very tough, but can be switched out just like the old ones when they have problems). The new tanks come with a 6volt 10amp battery vs a 6volt 7amp battery on the old ones.
Lets_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:37 AM   #6
the dude

sold
Old 06-16-2011, 10:41 AM   #7
roosta

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagyak View Post
hey i checked out the new hobie tanks and their quality does not seem as good as the previous model. the hatch cover for the battery tray seems like a cheaper plastic less rigid and also the lettering on the cover is smaller and less precise, seemed more bleeding on the screen print. the tank itself is more of greenish color than beige too. the battery switch is no longer brass or chrome metal knob; it is a plastic chrome knob along with the shaft of the pull. whiched used to be brass.
these are some nit picking things but i was a little surprised that hobie approved of these changes and still charge more for the tanks. so in the end i would prefer a older model of the bait tank then the newer one. fyi
The switches on the new Hobie livewells have been changed out to the brass ones again. Unfortunately an unauthorized change to the plastic switch was made by the manufacturer that was not caught before they were sent out to dealers. If you have recently purchased a new Hobie livewell with the plastic switch and would like to switch it out to the brass one, Hobie would be happy to send the replacement and wire connectors to you. Please contact your dealer and file a warranty claim with them to receive your brass switch and wire connectors.

The material of the tank and battery cover are the same as previous tanks. The color is a little more on the green side. The battery covers were changed to fit the larger 6V 10 amp hour batteries and hold them in position correctly. The cool thing about the larger batteries is that they run your tank for about 2 hours longer now.

Tight lines!
roosta is offline   Reply With Quote