Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 06:58 PM   #1
skiffman

Cabo San Lucas

Hey boys, I just got back from delivering a 50' Bertram to Cabo.
"Mud Cat" Jack as my sidekick. Left Friday and got back last night via America West on a half full flight. Best flight attendants I can ever remember. Stopped at Turtle Bay Saturday night for fuel and had dinner on the hook. Decided to spend the night. Pretty uneventfull fishing to that point save for a couple of Bonito driving by Cedros. After leaving Turtle Bay put the jigs out in the afternoon near Hipolito in some fishy looking water. Whales, blue warm water and schools of flying fish flying for their lives. It was a good call as we got a double on 70lb Wahoo!!! This was in 6'- 8' swell and 25 knots of wind. Thank goodness it was a following sea. I woke up Monday A.M. after a quick nap to a triple on Wahoo on the Thetis Bank. We went one for five and continued down the line. Picked up a smallish Yellow fin in green water later. Out in front of Mag bay I see Frigate birds working and tell Jack to change course. In 1.5 hours we had at least 20 Marlin in the Jigs and caught and released 3. We busted several off and had a hard time driving the boat and clearing lines so we finally pulled em in and continued down the line. We caught a couple of Dorado later and for a grand finish caught two more Wahoo at 40 and 50 lbs.
Pulled in to Cabo at 06:30 Tuesday morning. It's tourny time in Cabo as the marina is completely full of million dollar yachts getting polished and crews packing line on golden reels in pursuit of the big money. See ya on the water next week. Kelvin
Old 10-13-2005, 07:03 PM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

Right on Kelvin, good to hear from ya. Were they pissed ya got blood all over their boat ..............WAHOO!
Old 10-13-2005, 07:09 PM   #3
skiffman

bloody boat

Andy, nah, they were happy we got some fish. The owner will be on the boat Sunday so he'll get plenty of good fishing. As soon as we got there the detailer was on the boat cleaning. We went to breakfast.