Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-16-2016, 09:01 PM   #1
tsugg
LOWSPARK

From the dark out into the light!

I got tired of the 14 PA weight and poor performance so I sold it. when I saw this new yak I felt like this was the right move for me.
The Eddyline C-135 yak attack edition comes with all the fishing stuff in these generic pictures and it is 34" wide, 500 lb capacity, and only 69 lbs with the comfy chair in it ( I like the chair better than the PA chair because it doesn't have the arm rests that interfered with my legs peddling). It reminds me of the difference between surfing on a soft surfboard verses surfing on a hard fiberglass surfboard,very fast and slippery, its made out of what Eddyline calls Carbonlite(a hybrid mix of abs plastic and some fiber stuff), it feels like a hard fiberglass boat hull but much stronger!! On one web site they have a guy with a hammer beating the sheet out of the hull (with not much if any damage)so it's pretty durable and easier to repair than roto molded yaks(if it should ever get a puncture).
I'll never forget when I was learning self rescue in the pool with PA, when I rolled it, it came up with half the hull full of water! Huge problem. At the opposite end of that scenario is the Eddyline C-135, it has no drain plug!! because all the hatches actually seal, no water in the hull.
I've never had a paddle kayak before so I don't really know what a fast yak might be except comparing to my PA(painfully slow,lol). Out in mission bay it seems to coast along at just under 3 mph with minimal paddle pressure. I'm old and out of shape but I was able to keep it going 6 mph without risking a heart attack. The best thing so far is when I set a course it pretty much stays on course(something the PA will not ever do). Eddyline will install a rudder if you desire but they frown on them because of the added drag on the hull. Their belief is that if a kayak hull is designed correctly you really shouldn't need a rudder( they build touring kayaks primarily,this their first attempt at a sit on top fishing kayak). So far it has been a great move for me(not everyone),I can put it on the roof of the Tacoma all by my 63 yr old self!,it is simple to roll over a dock or beach sand and its allowing me to fish more often which is what was wrong for me and the PA, I just wasn't going fishing as much as I wanted to. This yak is doing just what I hoped it would do, get me out on the water more!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (42.8 KB, 360 views)
tsugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:25 PM   #2
Geno Machino
"Relax"

Sweet!!!

Sounds like a killer yak! I went from an Outback to a revo13 for the same reason about the self rescue. Just to wide and heavy to roll back over. I really would like to see one of these. Thanks for sharing!

Geno
Old 05-16-2016, 10:39 PM   #3
King Saba

Hope the switch works out for you. After paddling my Malibu Stealth for a year I've been REALLY happy with my Revo. I actually have glide lol!
King Saba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:54 PM   #4
TJones

Well Old Man

The Price ? Or do I have to google it? Congrats on new ride . Don't bad mouth the PA performance, I got a 12' collecting dust that I would like to get rid of.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:56 PM   #5
TJones

2200$

TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:31 PM   #6
CR Yaker

It would seem that big/wide guys have a hard time with the Hobie Vantage chairs. Not the first time I've heard complaints. But far and few that have.

Wow, $2200 for a paddle yak. At least it looks like it comes fully featured for fishing.

Mark
CR Yaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 05:51 PM   #7
tsugg
LOWSPARK

$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJones View Post
The Price ? Or do I have to google it? Congrats on new ride . Don't bad mouth the PA performance, I got a 12' collecting dust that I would like to get rid of.
$2100 for the standard without so.e of the attack stuff
$2300 for the yak attack version ( I ordered a yellow one so it's just like the picture)
You order it and it takes about 3 weeks ( they build the yaks one at a time,then it ships to your door)
If anyone is serious about ordering one I'm in carlsbad I'm sure we can meet for a test drive.
You actually purchase it through whitewater Kayak shop in lodi CA
Old 05-17-2016, 06:02 PM   #8
On-The-Prowl
Junior

Looks nice, and VERY similar to a prowler big game 2.
On-The-Prowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:49 PM   #9
tsugg
LOWSPARK

Except

Quote:
Originally Posted by On-The-Prowl View Post
Looks nice, and VERY similar to a prowler big game 2.
Except for the fact that it's not rotomolded. It's hard, rigid, and that makes it fast .
Old 05-18-2016, 06:06 AM   #10
h2ofishfo

I would be careful about saying anything is fast till you paddle it the hull and nose on how it cuts makes a huge difference
Old 05-18-2016, 02:19 PM   #11
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Kayak looks nice & comfortable, but a little concerned on where to place my rods during a surf launch.

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 04:53 PM   #12
Orca Winfrey

Congrats! Those yaks look sweet. The abs is also supposed to be lighter and more abrasion resistant. Just be careful around solvent like acetone; they may dissolve the abs. I'm not entirely sure about that though.
Orca Winfrey is offline   Reply With Quote