Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 04:30 PM   #61
Bennyblanco
Ironman

Thumbs down Can't post if don't catch anything.Skunk x10

I see the report within the story:

Bennyblanco, you might want to contribute at least 1 fishing report before you jump on a soap box and criticize someone else’s. You have 79 posts? You started 3 threads? And not one is "fish report".

But fair warning, as much as some criticize the style in which information is shared, "not much of a fish report" etc. etc. and wants to be hand fed information.
There is a whole other genre of flaming fish reports, I don't see it here... yet?
But having experienced it first hand I can tell you some out there want NOTHING shared EVER!

Guess it's true you can't please all the people all the time. But Josh knows that, and he contributed anyway. The same cannot be said for many who have posted on this report.

As the great comedian Steven Wright, he once said:
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. ~Steven Wright
Or
There’s a fine line between fishing and just sitting behind the keyboard like an idiot.

PS:
Well then William it was a productive weekend for you. I'm sure if you keep at it you will get the fish your after, looking forward to the report.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #62
deepdvr

I bet huntingthebigone would know how to handle this stupid thread.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #63
JoeBeck

Gulls—the larger species in particular—are resourceful, inquisitive and intelligent birds, demonstrating complex methods of communication and a highly developed social structure. For example, many gull colonies display mobbing behavior, attacking and harassing would-be predators and other intruders.Certain species (e.g. the Herring Gull) have exhibited tool us behavior, using pieces of bread as bait with which to catch golfish, for example. Many species of gull have learned to coexist successfully with humans and have thrived in human habitats. Gulls have been observed preying on live whales, landing on the whale as it surfaces to peck out pieces of flesh!

CUCKOOOOOO!! CUCKOOO!! CUCKOOOO!!
Old 04-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #64
KatFish

All these giant fish pic's are driving me crazy! I have an itch and it needs to be scratched!!! GREAT CATCH
Old 04-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #65
dorado50

Broaden your horizons and search out the "Frigate" it will lead you to the honey hole!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #66
Aaron&Julie

Another day, another nice toad. Congratulations.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:51 AM   #67
ashmoz

damn dude that looks awesome! cheers
Old 04-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #68
THE DARKHORSE

Thanks, guys!

All this time I thought I was surrounded by Pelicans!

In response to some of the feedback, apparently, my original intent of the post was lost in translation. I thought the analogy was funny; and still do. After all, it's just a silly post meant to either inspire you to get off your a$$---or simply improve the flavor of your morning coffee. I'll be clear when I say you don't have to do, either. You don't have to drink coffee. And I'm not going to force anyone to go fishing. How you choose to live your life is ultimately up to you. Obviously.

Honestly, after reading it a few times now, I can't imagine anyone being offended by the post. Unless, of course, that person spends an incredible amount of time on the computer? In addition to that, my post had absolutely nothing to do with fishing skills---or lack there of, mind you. It certainly had nothing to do with having an opportunity to fish more often than others.

William, if it's not obvious by now, when I wrote Williams Syndrome it has nothing to do with a guy named William, specifically. Look it up!

Is it a fishing report? Now, if you can't find the value in the contents of this post, I really don't know what to say. Nor will I try. A picture of a giant, White Sea Bass, in clean-green water, with obvious line-up markers in the background 'ta boot? It's the end of April, folks! Without going into too much detail, the same exact thing, happens every year at this time.

I'm pretty sure a few guys got the message and managed to read between the lines---capitalizing on the "fish report"---with a trophy-fish of their own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellcon View Post
Well done Josh
So your saying you can't catch fish from behind a keyboard?
No wonder there are so many people upset...

Nothing wrong with a little internet / cormorant bonding,
but after awhile you must:

PS
next time I ask to try out that 3rd reel on the right... please just say NO!

Fuggin arms still hurt

Nice fishing with you, Don! Watching you get your butt kicked was the highlight of my day!
Old 04-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #69
blitzburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKHORSE View Post

Nice fishing with you, Don! Watching you get your butt kicked was the highlight of my day!
That shot is AWESOME!!!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #70
RK

YEaahhhhhhhh Don!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell yeah dude.............................................. ..
Old 04-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #71
seriola_killer
Sled Peddler

Outstanding report, er, reports Josh. Can't wait for the 12 hours of wisdom with you. I'll drop ya a line when it works out schedule-wise. And its always refreshing to read a thought provoking report.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #72
dwntwnall4u
Kevin C.

Josh your post did have a affect on me. And I did get off my a** and went out fishing this past Tuesday and got skunked but did manage to locate macs for bait which was a first for me. I had fun just getting out there and getting time on the water.
Thanks for the motivation I needed.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #73
tagyak

hey josh always love those fish reports. always very colorful and insightful. and of course i know that there will be a beautiful fish or two at the end. sometimes with some very hot girls to go along.....

keep them coming: never can have too much inspiration in the day!
Old 05-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #74
-scallywag-
Banned

if u got offended by this post u must be a....

WOW....cant believe u got so much flack for this one....not a report?...jesus, that fish was not even 24hrs dead when u posted it, I can see the line-up clearly in the background (gps#'s), I see a sabiki and a bait stick (also a jigstick without a jig) on your boat so its safe to assume it was caught on finbait and the lighting says it was near sundown. What else do you want in a report? hook size? line test? underware color?

If ya'll weren't such a flock of squaking f'n keyboard cormorants, u could have went out the next day, or the day after that or the next day exc..., made a few macks, trolled them near the kelp and had an excellent shot at a fish

At some point it becomes so much easier to just be a dick, than to share info with flock of ungrateful squakers.

PS. I'm diggin that bellcon bendo shot....HOT HOT HOT!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #75
Old Man in the Sea

Send a message via Yahoo to Old Man in the Sea
Thanks for the Posts - Darkhorse

Don't be discouraged - and keep posting > it isn't the first or the last time
a cormorant will be squawking when pelican dives into the flock and pulls out a fish that is too big for a cormorant to handle...
Old 05-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #76
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Maybe if you quit catching so many nice fish and quit posting your novelettes that start threads all by themselves you wouldn't have so many critics?

Oh wait, it's good to have critics, it means they are actually reading your chit and paying attention...

Never mind...

Josh, as long as you don't start posting pics of how you cooked the fish like someone we know, I don't think you need to worry about the Least Terns...now if you can cook like that someone and post pics, the vultures will come out...

Bellcon - Killer Shot!

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Old 05-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #77
Roon
Junior

The one and only...

There are many different types, but I am THE bird! Josh your posts are awesome and incredibly articulate (are you a writer?). Thanks for being so provocative, keep rustling feathers!
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #78
littlesquirt
Junior

I have kept a close eye on the not so dark skinned DARKHORSE and these last few posts specifically; I have got me on defcon4 as a fair weather angler I watch and wait. I concur with ROONEY given em all the bird. You and only you can prevent getting skunked, and if you fail over, over, over, over, and over again, it is then you will finally shut up and FISH with your true instincts, use all resources, Listen and read between the lines, or just follow the horse out the stable and stalk the unshaven redhead dude on the yak. It is only then when you finally look yourself in the waters reflection, that you will realize, truly you are nothing other than a cormorant. Keep on squakin josh!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #79
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

I guess it all boils down to this. Your "funny" post was judgmental of people that you don't know. I spend ALOT of time on my phone on this site because like most people, I do have a very demanding job. I dont think anyone needs coaching to get off their ass to fish. If I had my way id quit my job and be the only none fish catching kayak fishing guide and id follow you around watching you pull fish from the water in awe. but alas, I cannot. I will continue to get myself through my work week fucking around on this board and fishing my ass off every weekend.

And I know very well williams syndrom has nothing to do with me. I talk way to much to be associated with that.

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
Old 05-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #80
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

And at scallywag.....why don't you finish that fucking sentence. Must be a what? Now thats some fucking internet macho shit because I bet your ass would be mum if you ever met me on the launch. Guaranteed

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
Closed Thread