Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 09-27-2017, 03:27 PM   #1
Saba Slayer

New Lobster Regs...

There are a few new recreational lobster harvest regulations for this 2017-18 season. In my own words here is my interpretation:
#1 The season has a new opening time. The lobster season will start at 6:00am on Saturday morning...that means the you CAN NOT DROP YOUR NETS BEFORE 6am...the season is almost 6 months long...what advantage is a few minutes going to get you? Besides a DFW ticket...!
#2 You must legibly write your DFW GO ID # on your floats...only 5 floats can have your GO # on them.
#3 Rhe DFW has reworded an old reg to read that you can now bring lobsters on board to measure them when hooping.
#4 Divers can now legally carry a speargun while diving for lobste.

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:06 PM   #2
jorluivil

Does the speargun regulation allow divers to use a speargun to catch lobster is it solely for protection?

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 05:51 PM   #3
Mahigeer

The speargun allowance is so the diver can spear fish at the same time as diving to catch lobster.

No tools are allowed for catching lobster. If there is hole in the lobster, one could/should get a ticket.

I bet a lot of piers going to be full of hoopers at mid-night Friday.

I will be calling the Catalina Harbor Patrol on Friday to make sure they know about new start time.

I plan to call some of the police Depts. on the piers too. I have been checked on Redondo Beach piers for my lobster card by police officer there.

It would be unfair if some hoopers get the jump on pier hooping because they don not know the new regulations.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:43 AM   #4
Saba Slayer

Regs...and Seminars

I'll be at the Turners in San Marcos tonight (Thursday) for a free Promar Lobster seminar at 6:30pm and on the Let's Talk Hookup radio show on Sunday morning from 7am to 9am. I'll have an Ambush XL, a Hoopnet ProKit, a Headlamp, some Insulated Gloves, a couple of Bait Cages, a Hoopin' It Up Book, and some Lobster Gauges for the raffle....Lori from Turners usually has a few items to add the booty too. On the radio show we always have some great give aways for the call in questions.
We had a great turnout last night at the Lobster Port event in Oceanside...we had about 75 people show up for a seminar and some free beer and nachos...a fun time was had by all and we had a Huge raffle with lots of prizes.

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote